20th Century Fox World Malaysia
The 20th Century Fox World Malaysia is slated to open by the end of 2018, and it’s expected to be one of the most exciting theme parks in Malaysia. Replacing the Genting Highlands Outdoor Theme Park, you can expect 25 thrilling rides and attractions inspired by Hollywood blockbusters such as Planet of the Apes, A Night at Read More...
- Location: Genting Highlands, Pahang
- Tel: +603 6101 1118
Occupying 60,000sqft in the concourse level of the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Aquaria KLCC is a world-class giant aquarium housing thousands of marine species from all over the world. Screen projectors along the Discovery Zones present fascinating facts about the species contained within the Aquaria. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily, 11:00 – 20:00 (last ticket sales and admission is at 19:00)
- Address: Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre Complex, KLCC
- Tel: +603 2333 1888
ASEAN Sculpture Garden
ASEAN Sculpture Garden was established in 1987 in commemoration of the 20th anniversary of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). Located within Tun Abdul Razak Heritage Park, it contains a variety of public art installations by renowned artists from Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia and Brunei.
These sculptures are made from materials such as Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:00 – 18:00
- Location: Jalan Cenderasari, Taman Botani Perdana, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2693 4799
Badan Warisan Malaysia
Badan Warisan Malaysia is home to the Heritage of Malaysia society. Set in the shadow of the PETRONAS Twin Towers, the main building is called the Heritage Centre. It is a bungalow built in 1925 that hosts regular art exhibitions on historic Malaysian buildings, and their environs. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 16:00 Tuesday – Saturday
- Address: 2 Jalan Stonor Kuala Lumpur 50450
- Tel: +603 2144 9273
Batu Caves Kuala Lumpur
Located approximately 11 kilometres to the north of Kuala Lumpur, Batu Caves is a limestone hill comprising three major caves and a number of smaller ones. Considered one of Kuala Lumpur’s most frequented tourist attractions, this 100-year-old temple features idols and statues erected inside the main caves and around it. Incorporated with interior limestone formations said Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily, 06:00 - 21:00
- Address: Batu Caves, Sri Subramaniam Temple, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Tel: +603 2287 9422
- Tour Available: Kuala Lumpur Batu Caves Tour
Berjaya Times Square Theme Park
Berjaya Times Square Theme Park is dubbed as the largest indoor theme park in Malaysia, covering an area over 380,000 sq feet in Berjaya Time Square shopping centre.
Families can enjoy over 14 rides which include the adrenaline-pumping 800-metre long 'Supersonic Odyssey' roller coaster, the thrilling 30-metre high 'Spinning Orbit', the out-of-control swinging 'Space Attack' and Read More...
- Opening Hours:
Weekday, 12:00 - 22:00
Weekend & Public Holiday, 11:00 - 22:00
- Address: 5th & 7th Floor, Berjaya Times Square Kuala Lumpur, No.1, Jalan Imbi, 55100 Kuala Lumpur.
- Tel: +603 2117 3118
Blue Coral Aquarium at KL Tower
Blue Coral Aquarium at Menara KL Tower is one of the many attractions you can find at the city’s iconic landmark, making it a popular spot when you’re sightseeing in Kuala Lumpur city centre. Some of its most unique inhabitants include the spotted cardinalfish, fire clownfish, Percula clownfish, skunk clownfish, baby white tip reef sharks, carpet Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:00 – 21:30
- Location: KL Tower, Jalan P. Ramlee, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2026 2252
- Price Range: RM18 for adults & RM15 for children
Blue Mosque Selangor
Blue Mosque Selangor is Malaysia’s largest mosque and widely considered to be one of its most beautiful. Drawing its name from its impressive blue and silver dome, the mosque has four minarets merging both Malay and Modernist influences into its distinctive architecture. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday 9:00-13:00 and 14:00-18.30, Friday 9:00-midday and 15:00-18.30
- Location: Persiaran Masjid St., Sekysen 14, 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
- Tel: +60 3-5519 9988
Brickfields Little India
A seemingly different world, Brickfields, the site of the recently relocated Little India, was originally a simple residential neighbourhood situated just outside central Kuala Lumpur. This wide thoroughfare plays host to a vast collection of Indian stores and restaurants run by Malaysia’s Indian community. The strip of Indian shops – retailing traditional Indian goods including saris, Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 21:00
- Location: Jalan Travers to Jalan Tun Sambanthan, Brickfields
Buddhist Maha Vihara Temple
Buddhist Maha Vihara Temple is a place of worship that practices the Sri Lankan Theravada Buddhist tradition. Also known as the Brickfields Buddhist Temple, it’s accessible within a five-minute walk from KL Sentral station. Another one of its biggest selling points is that it has the advantage of not being crowded (compared to most temples in Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 06:00 – 22:00
- Address: 123 Jalan Berhala, Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2274 1141
Bukit Bintang-KLCC Pedestrian Walkway
Bukit Bintang-KLCC Pedestrian Walkway is a 1.173km-long pedestrian bridge that connects Pavilion KL to Impiana KLCC Hotel and the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre. The other portion of this walkway is a pedestrian tunnel on the convention centre’s concourse level linked to Suria KLCC shopping centre. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 06:00 – 23:00
- Location: Golden Triangle
Bukit Jalil is a hill where Malaysia's largest outdoor stadium, which can fit up to 100,000 people, is located. It is also here that you will find a nice recreational park on top of the hill, along with some nice ponds below. The National Sports Complex, which has a variety of stadiums and courts for different Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily, 07:00 – 20:00
- How to get there: Take a Putra LRT, and stop at Seri Petaling Station or Bukit Jalil Station.
Bukit Jalil Golf & Country Resort KL
Bukit Jalil Golf & Country Resort offers much more than its titular 18-hole golf course. A broad selection of activities is available, from tennis, badminton and squash, to an Olympic-sized swimming pool, a sauna and a gym, there is something to engage every family member. The resort even has a mini bowling alley on site. Professional Read More...
- Opening Hours: Hours: Open Daily 11:30-21:00
- Location: Jalan Jalil Perkasa 3,Bukit Jalil, Bukit Jalil Golf & Country Resort, 57000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Tel: +60 3-8996 1841
Bukit Unggul Country Club
Bukit Unggul Country Club Is an 18-hole Golf Course designed by the renowned US architect Ronald Fream. The club welcomes both visitors and members every day. The club boasts a wide range of amenities, including a golf shop, a fully equipped fitness centre, swimming pool, sauna and snooker room. Golf clubs are also available for hire, Read More...
- Opening Hours: 6.30-21:00 Daily
- Location: Lot PT 2180-2182, Mukim Dengkil, Daerah Sepang, 43807 Sepang
- Tel: +603 89202888
Cathedral of St. Mary
The Cathedral of St. Mary is one of the oldest Anglican churches in Malaysia and is a KL landmark. Built in 1894 by the British colonial administration, it is located towards the far north side of Dataran Merdeka and looks every inch the typical, picturesque English country church. Read More...
- Location: Jalan Raja
- Tel: +603 26945470 or +603 2692 8672
Central Market Kuala Lumpur
Located along Jalan Hang Kasturi – only a few minutes away from Petaling Street – is the renowned Central Market. Also known as Pasar Seni, this market is one of Kuala Lumpur’s most familiar landmarks as well as a popular tourist attraction.
In the past it was a simple wet market yet today it is a Read More...
- Highlights: Arch Collection, Actop Craft, Asli Craft, Borneo Pearls, Cute Fish Spa, Dodo Art & Craft, Fine Batik, House of Silver, Kheng's Antique and Collectible, Success Portrait, Suria Portrait Centre, Swartz Creation.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: Just around the corner from Kota Raya Shopping Centre
- Address: No. 10, 1st-3rd floor, Jalan Hang Kasturi
- Tel: +603 2031 0399 or +603 2031 5399 or +603 2031 7399
Chan See Shu Yuen Temple
Constructed over a century ago, the Chan See Shu Yuen Temple is a fine example of Oriental architecture, with open courtyards, symmetrical pavilions and embellished roofs. The temple is easily identified by its intricately-carved roof, depicting monumental events in Chinese mythology, while its inner shrine is decorated with ornate sculptures of mythical creatures and olden-day warriors. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily, 08:00 – 18:00
- Location: at the most southern end of Petaling Street
- Address: 172 Jalan Petaling
- Tel: +603 2070 6511
Chow Kit Market
Located at the northern end of Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, Chow Kit is acknowledged as one of Malaysia’s most infamous landmarks. Even though it may not be as well known by tourists in comparison to its starlet cousin, Petaling Street – which is located within the same area – it is definitely exciting although not for Read More...
- Location: Jalan Haji Hussein, Chow Kit
Dayabumi Complex Kuala Lumpur
Dayabumi Complex is a 35-storey building set along Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, south of Merdeka Square. Built in the 1970s, it was the first modern building in KL to incorporate principles of Islamic design into its architecture. A major landmark in KL it was one of the city’s earliest skyscrapers. Read More...
- Location: Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin
District 21 Kuala Lumpur
District 21 Kuala Lumpur is an adventure theme park set within IOI City Mall Putrajaya, where visitors of all ages can enjoy a variety of challenging obstacle courses. Spanning over 6,500 square metres, the indoor theme park features a post-apocalyptic setting with plenty of metal beams, steel walls and colourful graffiti, as well as suspended Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday – Friday 12:00 - 20:00, Saturday & Sunday 10:00 – 20:00
- Location: IOI City Mall, Putrajaya, Selangor
- Address: +603 8328 8888
Firefly Watching & Kuala Selangor Kampung Tour
The Firefly Watching & Kuala Selangor Kampung Tour takes visitors to a wildlife sanctuary in Kuala Selangor, a traditional fishing village about a two-hour drive from Kuala Lumpur city centre. One of the most popular activities you can enjoy during this excursion is cruising along a mangrove swamp and watching the fireflies, but you also have Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 15:30 – 23:30
- Location: Kuala Selangor
- Price Range: RM205 for adults, RM105 for children (3-12 years old)
Genting Theme Park
The Genting Theme Park is a sprawling, multi-million Ringgit theme park with over 40 rides that are either indoor or outdoor. Located 2,000 metres above sea-level on Genting Highlands, the park is easily accessed by road Kuala Lumpur or cable car from the foothill.
Some of the highlights are the roller coaster, tube drop, Flight Simulator Read More...
- Opening Hours:
Monday, 09:00 - 19:00.
Tuesday - Friday, 10:00 - 19:00.
Saturday, 08:00 - 22:00.
Sunday, 08:00 - 20:00.
Public Holiday & School Holiday, 08:00 - 22:00
- Location: Genting Highland
- Tour Available: Genting Tour Packages
Holy Rosary Church
Holy Rosary Church Kuala Lumpur, built in 1904, is a beautiful Neo-Gothic style monument that caters to the city’s Chinese Catholic community. Accessible within a 10-minte walk from Kuala Lumpur KTM train station, it is one of the few best-preserved religious buildings in KL.
Standing out against the countless modern-style condominium, office towers, and hotels nearby Read More...
- Opening Hours: Saturday 17:00 – 21:00, Sunday 08:30 – 12:00
- Address: 10, Jalan Tun Sambanthan, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2274 2747
- Tour Available: Genting Tour Packages
i-City Shah Alam
i-City has a funfair-like atmosphere with a Ferris Wheel, two-tiered carousel, booths set up where you can play carnival-esque games (and win stuffed toys), plus stalls selling candy floss and other snacks. Besides the ‘forest’, other displays at the park include quirky, plastic figures such as peacocks, flamingos, giraffes and swans fitted with LED lights.
Located Read More...
- Opening Hours: 19:00 – 02:00
- Address: D-9-1, Jalan Multimedia, 7/AJ City Park, i-City, Shah Alam
- Tel: +603 5521 8800
Iron Mosque Putrajaya
The Iron Mosque Putrajaya was built in 2004 with construction finishing in 2009. The mosque is built in a distinctive style that borrows heavily from German and Chinese architectural influences. The most distinguishing features are its lack of a minaret and the fact that it is constructed mostly from steel hence the building’s metallic appearance that Read More...
- Opening Hours: Saturday to Thursday 9:00-midday, 14:00-16:00, 17.30-18:00, Friday 15:00-16:00, 17:30-18:00
- Location: Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, Presint 3, 62000 Putrajaya, Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya, Malaysia
- Tel: +60 3-8880 4300
Istana Budaya is Malaysia’s National Theatre. Also known as The Palace of Culture, it towers over the National Art Gallery on Jalan Tun Razak. Built in 1999, it is the country’s main venue for local and international music, dance and drama performances, including operettas, classical concerts and more. Read More...
- Address: 58 Jalan Kuantan Titiwangsa, 53200 Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 4026 5555
The Istana Negara or Agong's Palace is the official residence of Malaysia's King, called the Agong. It is located on a sprawling 18-acre garden where there are tennis courts, a 6-hole golf course, swimming pool and a lake.
Outside, at the main entrance, the Royal Guards stands erect, akin to the British Royal Guards in Buckingham Read More...
Kidzania Kuala Lumpur
Giving new meaning to role playing, Kidzania KL is a memorable, edutainment centre designed to show and encourage kids to ‘work’ in professional jobs. Teaching them about different career choices, it looks like an indoor city with miniature-sized replicas of office buildings and cars: once you breeze through the AirAsia airport-style entrance, children can take turns Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 21:00 Sunday – Wednesday; 09:00 – 23:00 Thursday; 10:00 – 23:00 Friday & Saturday
- Address: Curve NX, 18 Jalan PJU 7/5, Mutiara Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya
- Tel: +1300 88 KIDZ (5439)
- Price Range: RM55 Kids; RM35 Adults (there is also a drop-off service)
A masterpiece conceptualised by the world-renowned Brazilian landscape artist, the late Roberto Burle Marx, the KLCC Park is a 50-acre urban sanctuary in the heart of the city. The elaborately-landscaped park’s main highlight is the spectacular dancing water fountains at the Lake Symphony, considered by many as a work of art on its own. Around 1,900 Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily, 07:00 – 22:00;
Lake Symphony’s dancing fountains are on from 12:00 – 14:00 & 18:00 – 23:00 on weekdays, and from 10:00 – 00:00 on weekends and public holidays.
- Location: Right next to Suria KLCC
- Tel: +603 2380 9032
KL Forest Eco Park (formerly Bukit Nanas Forest Reserve)
The KL Forest Eco Park, formerly known as the Bukit Nanas Forest Reserve, is one of the oldest permanent forest reserves in Malaysia. Conveniently located beside the Menara KL Tower, this forest reserve covers an area of approximately 11, 0000 sq metres and was founded in 1906, making it the only remaining tropical rainforest in the Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 07:00 – 18:00
- Address: Bukit Nanas, Jalan Puncak, Off Jalan P. Ramlee, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2070 6342
Kuala Lumpur Bird Park
Kuala Lumpur Bird Park is part of the renowned lushly verdant 60-hectare Lake Gardens. Reputedly one of the largest parks in the world, this sprawling 20-hectare property was opened in 1991 and houses more than 3,000 birds and 200 species from all over the world. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily, 09:00 – 18:00
- Address: No. 920 Jalan Lembah Taman Tasik Perdana
- Tel: +603 2273 5423
Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park
Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park is one of the city’s most popular animal parks, housing over 6,000 butterflies from 120 species within its landscaped garden setting. Spanning almost 7500 square metres, it is widely regarded as one of the largest butterfly houses in Southeast Asia. These butterflies often stay relatively still on visitors’ hands and clothing, delighting
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:00 – 18:00
- Address: Jalan Cenderasari, Taman Tasik Perdana (Lake Gardens)
- Tel: +603 2693 4799
- Price Range: RM22 for adults, RM11 for children (2 – 11 years)
Kuala Lumpur City Gallery
Fronting the 100 metre Dataran Merdeka (Independence Square) flagpole, the KL City Gallery is good for travellers looking to take a break from KL’s glassy malls. It is a ‘museum’ with a collection of prints, photos and mini architectural models showcasing the city’s history but it also has an extensive array of souvenirs at ARCH. The Read More...
- Opening Hours: 08:00 – 18:00
- Address: 27, Jalan Raja, Dataran Merdeka, 50050 Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: + 603 2698 3333
Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre
Massive and impressive, the purpose-built Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre is the city’s premier event space. Designed and built to world-class standards, the convention centre has played host to many global events in the past.
Exhibitions and events are constantly being held in the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre throughout the year, so no matter what time of the Read More...
- Location: Next to Petronas Twin Towers
- Address: Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, KLCC
- Tel: +603 2333 2888
Kuala Lumpur Railway Station
The KL Railway Station was built in 1911 and was once the central point for Malaysia's railway networks and service, especially for Keretapi Tanah Melayu – Malaysia's first railway service provider.
The Moorish-styled building is located along Hishamuddin Street and during its heydays, was packed with people and housed a few outlets and restaurants. Today, its Read More...
Kuala Lumpur Upside Down House at KL Tower
Kuala Lumpur Upside Down House at KL Tower is the tallest of its kind in the Malaysian capital, featuring a traditional two-storey English cottage, complete with furniture and home décor that are, as the name implies, completely upside down. Located outside the iconic tower, it’s also within walking distances of family-friendly attractions along Jalan P. Ramlee. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:00 – 19:00
- Location: KL Tower, Jalan P. Ramlee, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +6010 802 7547
- Price Range: RM20 for adults & RM15 for children
Kuan Ti Temple
Also known as Guan Ti or Kwong Siew Temple, Kuan Ti Temple is a Taoist temple dedicated to a Chinese deity, Kuan Ti, the God of War & Literature. Two stone lions guard the temple at the entrance and in the main lobby, statues of the God of Examinations & Fate and the God of the Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily, 07:00 – 19:00 (opening hours may vary, so please check with the temple keeper)
- Location: right across the street from Popular Bookstore, and just opposite Sri Mahamariamman Temple
- Address: Along Jalan Tun H. S. Lee
Kuan Yin Temple
The figure in the main prayer hall is that of Shakyamuni (Gautama Buddha); to his right is the statue of the South Sea Guanyin – a robed statue with a flashing halo. To the left of Shakyamuni is Qianshou (Thousand Arm Goddess of Mercy) Guanyin: this statue represents Kuan Yin’s compassionate side as the goddess purportedly Read More...
- Opening Hours: 07:00 – 17:00
- Address: Jalan Stadium and Jalan Maharajalela, Chinatown, Kuala Lumpur
The Kuala Lumpur Lake Gardens, also called Taman Tasik Perdana, is located in a tranquil area with some remaining secondary forest in Perdana Street. The history of the park dates back to the 1880s' and remains a popular recreational spot for locals till this day.
Much like a botanical garden, there are many flowers, plants and Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily, 07:00 – 18:00
- How to get there: If you do not mind walking, take the KTM Komuter and stop at Bank Negara station. The Lake Garden is approximately 15 to 20 minutes walk from the station.
Lake Gardens Kuala Lumpur Segway Tour
The Lake Gardens Segway tour by Eco Ride Malaysia is a fun and environmentally friendly way to see Tun Abdul Razak Heritage Park’s many animal parks, landmarks, and scenic spots. The two-hour tour covers a 10-kilometre sightseeing route within the expansive park, starting at the National Museum (Muzium Negara).
Available by appointment, Eco Ride Malaysia can Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:30, 13:00 & 16:30
- Location: Tun Abdul Razak Heritage Park, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +6017 882 3847
- Price Range: RM168 per person
Madras Lane Petaling Street
Madras Lane Petaling Street is a narrow alleyway that’s known for its tasty hawker fare, as well as a wet market that sells a variety of produce, meat, poultry and fish. Set within Chinatown Kuala Lumpur, it’s connected to the Petaling Street Flea Market via a Chinese-style archway bearing the name Penjaja Gallery. Locals frequently refer Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday – Sunday 08:30 – 15:00
- Location: Lorong Bandar, 20, off Jalan Petaling, Kuala Lumpur
Masjid Jamek Mosque
Masjid Jamek Mosque, also known as Friday Mosque, is recognised as the oldest Islamic place of worship in Kuala Lumpur. Overlooking the Klang River, it offers breathtaking photo opportunities for travellers due to the combination of ancient Moorish, Islam and Mughal architectural styles, verdant surroundings, and distant views of KL’s other iconic landmarks.
Built in 1907 Read More...
- Opening Hours: Saturday – Thursday 08:30 – 12:30 & 14:30 – 16:30
- Address: Off Jalan Tun Perak, Kuala Lumpur City Centre
The Masjid Negara (National Mosque) is located near the Kuala Lumpur Lake Gardens. Opened in 1965, the mosque is elegantly designed with contemporary interpretations of traditional Islamic art and calligraphy. Its unique feature is the umbrella-like roof which is cast in a blue hue. Visitors are required to remove their shoes as well as dress appropriately Read More...
- Address: Jalan Perdana, 50480 Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2693 7784
Masjid Raja Fisabilillah Cyberjaya
Masjid Raja Fisabilillah Cyberjaya is the principal mosque of Cyberjaya, a town located 30 km north of Kuala Lumpur International Airport. Also called the Green Mosque, it was constructed in 2006 and named after the former Crown Prince of the Johor-Riau, Raja Haji Fisabilillah ibni Daeng Chelak. Read More...
- Location: Persiaran Semarak Api, Cyberjaya, Cyberjaya, Selangor
- Tel: +60 3 8322 0096
Megakidz Funland & Edutainment
Learning doesn’t just stop at school, and it can be fun, too! Megakidz Funland & Edutainment offers just that and plenty more for kids and parents alike. Situated on the third level of Midvalley Megamall, this 27,000sqft learning and play centre contains multitude of facilities catering for kids from the age of one to 16. If Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday – Sunday 10:00 – 21:30
- Address: Lot T-012, North Court, 3rd Floor, Mid Valley Megamall, Midvalley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2282 9300
The Independence Square was originally part of the Royal Selangor Club's cricket field but was converted into a landmark when it was used to announce Malaysia's independence in 1957, when the Union Jack was lowered.
A 95-meter flagpole, one of the highest in the world, was erected on top of a large, square marble base to Read More...
Menara KL Tower
Along with the Petronas Twin Towers, Menara Kuala Lumpur is easily Malaysia’s most recognizable and popular landmark. Constructed in 1994, the tower stands at 421 metres and effortlessly trumps the Petronas Twin Towers with the highest and most spectacular view of the city. This gleaming tower’s spindle-like apex is visible from almost anywhere in Kuala Lumpur. Read More...
Movie Animation Park Studios Malaysia
Movie Animation Park Studios Malaysia is the state’s second theme park after Sunway’s Lost World of Tambun. A two-hour drive from Kuala Lumpur, it is located in Ipoh, a historical town in Perak that’s known for its timeless charm, limestone caves, Buddhist shrines and hot springs.
Spanning over 210,000 square metres, visitors can find about 40 Read More...
- Opening Hours: Mon – Fri 10:00 – 18:00, Sat – Sun 10:00 – 22:00
- Address: Persiaran Meru Raya 3, Bandar Meru Raya 3, Ipoh, Perak
- Tel: +605 501 5630
- Price Range: RM120 & RM114 (with valid MyKad)
Museum Of Islamic Arts
The Museum Of Islamic Arts is set close to the National Mosque on Jalan Lembah Perdana. It contains one of the world’s best collections of Islamic art from textiles and carpets to jewellery, calligraphy-inscribed pottery and metal ware; be sure to check out the recreation of an ornate Ottoman room. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 18:00
- Address: Jalan Lembah Perdana
- Tel: +603 2274 2020
The National Library in Jalan Tun Razak is a repository for locally-written and international books of an academic nature. The library is most often used by avid readers, students and researchers as a resource centre. The library, which has several floors, divides its collection of more than 6,500 books into Malaysiana, Rare Collection, Manuscripts, Serials, General, Media Resources, United Nations and National Collections. Other facilities include a photographic studio and web browsing stations.
- Opening Hours: Tueday to Saturday: 10:00 - 17:00, Sunday: 10:00-18:00, closed on Monday & Public Hoilday.
- Address: 232, Jalan Tun Razak, 50572 Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2687 1700
The National Monument in Lake Gardens, also called the Tugu Negara, was built to commemorate the service of soldiers during Malaysia's international struggles and internal conflicts, especially during the Communist period.
The monument, which consists of seven bronze statues of soldiers in various poses, each symbolizing an element of virtue, stands at around 15 meters on Read More...
- Address: Jalan Parlimen, Kuala Lumpur 50480 Malaysia
- Tel: +603-2615-8188
National Museum in Kuala Lumpur
National Museum is located near the southern tip of the Lake Gardens, past the National Art Gallery. An excellent introduction to Malaysia’s history, economy, geography, arts, crafts and culture, it overlooks Jalan Damansara and was built in 1963 with its displays spread out onto three floors. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 18:00 Daily
The National Planetarium is another attraction in Lake Gardens. The blue dome which covers its building is its trademark, which you can see from surrounding roads as you take a drive. The Planetarium is dedicated to all things related to space and astronomy.
This is a popular place for schoolchildren to learn about the planet and Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily, 10:00 – 17:00 (Closed on Monday)
- Address: Jalan Perdana
- Tel: +603 2273 7277
National Science Centre
The National Science Centre is shaped like a futuristic, green mosque with a large dome in the middle. The centre sits on a hill in Mont Kiara.
Established in 1996, the National Science Centre is a large gallery of exciting exhibits that display scientific and technological information. There's even a hall where you can watch a Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily, 09:00 – 17:00 (Closed on Friday)
- Address: Pesiaran Bukit Kiara, Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2092 1150
National Textiles Museum Kuala Lumpur
Situated within Merdeka Square along Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, the National Textiles Museum is hailed as one of the most significant heritage landmarks in Kuala Lumpur city centre. Open to the public in 2010, the museum showcases the process and technology of textiles, and houses exquisite collections of traditional apparel, accessories, and textiles in Malaysia in a Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:00 – 18:00
- MRT: Masjid Jamek
- Address: 26, Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2694 3457 or +603 2694 3461
National Visual Arts Gallery
The National Art Gallery located along Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin was established in the former Majestic hotel, which itself is a historical building built in 1932. It houses a number of galleries that range from permanent exhibits to temporary ones. The permanent collection amounts to over 2,500 art pieces, featuring the work of local and international artists. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily: 10:00 - 18:00, closed on Hari Raya
- Address: 2, Jalan Temerloh, Off Jalan Tun Razak, 53200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Tel: +603 4025 4990
The National Zoo in Ulu Klang has an extensive array of wildlife, both local and overseas. Be amazed by species from Africa such as the majestic lion to towering elephants and pink flamingoes to gentle zebras. Then there are local species to gawk at such as the Malaysian tiger, Slow Loris, Tapir and Hornbills. Besides birds Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily, 09:00-17:00
- Address: Hulu Kelang, Ampang, Selangor Darul Ehsan
- Tel: +603 4108 3422
Perdana Botanical Garden
Orchid & Hibiscus Gardens are part of the Lake Gardens in KL. Located on a small hill overlooking the KL Bird Park, the Hibiscus Garden is located behind the Orchid Garden. The best time to visit the gardens is during the weekends when the entire place is turned into a colourful flower bazaar. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 07:00 – 20:00
- Location: Jalan Perdana, Taman Tasik Perdana
Petronas Art Gallery (Galeri Petronas)
Aiming to nurture the interest of the Malaysian public in the visual arts, Galeri Petronas provides an avenue for local and international artists to display their greatest works. Art exhibitions are held regularly here, as well as various programmes to promote a deeper understanding and appreciation of the visual arts.
The gallery was built and designed Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 20:00 daily, except Mondays and the first week of Eid-ul Fitri (Hari Raya Aidilfitri) & the first day of Eid-ul Adha (Hari Raya Aidiladha).
- Address: Level 3, Suria KLCC, Jalan Ampang
- Tel: +603 2051 7770
Petronas Twin Towers
Standing majestically at 452 metres, the 88-storey Petronas Twin Towers is arguably Malaysia’s most prominent and easily-recognisable architectural landmark. The design for this architectural masterpiece is by Cesar Pelli, a renowned Argentinian-American architect, picked out through a grueling international design competition in 1991. Read More...
- Address: Jalan Ampang, KLCC
- Tel: Tower 1 - +603 2331 4444; Tower 2 - +603 2331 8240
Explore the world of science and technology in a fun way! Designed to educate the public through exhibits, activities and demonstrations, Petrosains is an interactive science discovery centre that is set to blow your mind away.
The journey into the Discovery Centre begins with The Dark Ride, taking you through the rainforest of Malaysia and straight Read More...
- Opening Hours:
Tuesday – Friday 09:30 – 17:30 (last admission 16:00);
Saturday, Sunday & Public Holiday 09:30 – 18:30 (last admission 17:00).
Closed on Mondays.
- Address: Level 4, Suria KLCC, Jalan Ampang
- Tel: +603 2331 8181
Putra World Trade Centre in Kuala Lumpur
Putra World Trade Centre is an international convention and trade fair location. Also known as Pusat Dagangan Dunia Putra, the 42-storey complex spans across 1.7 million sqft. The US$10 million complex was constructed in 1981 and it is located to the north of the city centre on Jalan Tun Ismail.
A popular spot for some of Read More...
- Address: 41, Jalan Tun Ismail, KL
- Tel: +603 2614 6999
Royal Malaysian Police Museum
The Royal Malaysian Police Museum in Kuala Lumpur is a an offbeat yet interesting gem, especially for those keen to learn more about the work and history of Malaysian police. Situated in Jalan Perdana, the museum is in the cluster of the city’s most famous attractions – the Planetarium and Islamic Arts Museum are within the Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday – Sunday 10:00 – 18:00; Friday 10:00 – 12:30, 14:30 – 18:00
- Address: 5, Jalan Perdana, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +6 03 2272 5689 / +6 03 2272 5690 / +6 03 2273 4740
- Price Range: Free (weekdays); RM1 (weekends, public holidays)
The Royal Selangor Visitor Centre is located in Setapak where visitors can see how pewter is manufactured and turned into intricate handicrafts. Established more than a century ago, Selangor Pewter is world-renowned for its beautifully-crafted pewter items that have won several international awards. At the centre, you can also glimpse how fine jewelry is made in Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily: 09:00 - 17:00
- Address: No. 4, Jalan Usahawan Enam, Setapak Jaya, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan 53200
- Tel: +603 4145 6000
Rumah Penghulu Abu Seman
Rumah Penghulu Abu Seman is a meticulously-restored Malay house that is the highlight of a trip to Badan Warisan Malaysia (The Heritage Trust) in Kuala Lumpur. The house offers visitors a fascinating look back into the traditional way of life of Malaysians, and the story of the house is interesting in its own right.
Built between Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday – Saturday 10:00 – 16:00
- Address: 2 Jalan Stonor, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2144 9273
Sin Sze Si Ya Temple
Sin Sze Ya Temple, built in 1864 by Kapitan Yap Ah Loy, is hailed as the oldest Taoist temple in Kuala Lumpur. Situated just a three-minute walk away from Petaling Street, the temple also functions as a cultural centre for the city’s Chinese community and is usually filled with devotees during significant occasions such as Chinese Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 07:00 – 17:00
- Address: 113A Jalan Tun HS Lee, 14A Leboh Pudu, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2078 9052
For those who are seeking some serious fun in the sun, look no further than Skytrex Adventure. These zip line obstacle courses consist of extreme outdoor activities such as rope climbing and flying fox in the middle of the lush greenery of Shah Alam Agricultural Park, approximately 45 minutes from Kuala Lumpur city centre. Once there, overcome your fears and gear up for some swinging, flying, and climbing fun!
Obstacles are divided into three courses according to difficulties, and the minimum height requirements are 1.1m (Little Adventure) and 1.4m (Big Thrill and Extreme Challenge). Skytrex is only open during weekends, and it is advisable to book online to ensure your spot for the course. However, if you have a big party of 25 or more people, you can opt to have Skytrex opened on a weekday just for you. Kids below 12 years of age require a parent or guardian to be present in order for them participate for safety reasons.
- Address: Taman Pertanian Malaysia, Bukit Cahaya Seri Alam, Shah Alam, Selangor For enquiry: C-33-2-7, Block C, Jaya One, No. 72A Jalan Universiti, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Tel: + 6 013 3276 9841
Sky Box at Sky Deck KL Tower
Sky Box at Sky Deck KL Tower, standing at 300 metres above ground, offers visitors a vertigo-inducing view of Kuala Lumpur. Similar to Melbourne’s Eureka Skydeck 88, this fully-transparent viewing box extends out from the Sky Deck ledge and can accommodate up to six people at a time, allowing for plenty of room for photo-snapping with Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 10:00 – 22:00
- Address: KL Tower, Jalan P. Ramlee, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2020 5444
Sri Kandaswamy Kovil Hindu Temple
Sri Kandaswamy Kovil Hindu Temple is a colourful, ornate shrine dedicated to the Hindu deity Lord Muruga. A popular tourist attraction that dates to 1902, it is centrally located along Lorong Scott inn Brickfields, about a 10-minute drive from KL Sentral Station and the Little India commercial district.
Featuring a traditional Sri Lankan architectural style, the Read More...
Sri Maha Sakthi Mohambigai Amman Temple
Flanking Mid Valley Megamall – one of the largest malls in Kuala Lumpur – is the ornate Sri Maha Sakthi Mohambigai Amman Temple. This 100-year-old sanctuary is smack in the centre of Mid Valley City making the shrine easily accessible from the jumbo shopping mall. The imposing and mammoth structure is at night, and during Indian Read More...
- Location: Mid Valley City
Sri Mahamariamman Hindu Temple
Built in 1873, the Sri Mahamariamman Temple is the oldest and most elaborately-designed Hindu temple in the country. Today, it is a major national heritage and one of the city’s biggest Attractionss. Built to resemble a human body lying on his back, the temple features an outstanding five-tiered gopuram (tower) decorated with ornate sculptures of Hindu Read More...
- Highlights: right next to Popular Bookstore, across the street from Kuan Ti Temple
- Opening Hours: Daily, 06:00 – 21:00
- Address: 163 Jalan Tun H. S. Lee
- Tel: +603 2078 3467
Sultan Abdul Samad Building
The Sultan Abdul Samad Building is among Kuala Lumpur’s earliest Moorish-style buildings. It is set to the east of Merdeka Square (Dataran Merdeka) and the Royal Selangor Club, across from Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin. It was built in 1897 and was named after the reigning sultan of Selangor at the time. Read More...
- Location: Jalan Tun Perak (across from Dataran Merdeka on Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin)
- How to get there: Take the LRT and alight at Masjid Jamek station. This building is 10 minutes walk from the station. You will not miss it because there are many good signages to guide you to this place.
Sunway Lagoon Theme Park
Spanning an area of over 80 acres, Malaysia's premier theme park in Bandar Sunway, Petaling Jaya, has thrills and spills to offer people of all ages! Divided into three sections – the Wild Wild West, World of Adventure and Waters of Africa, a day out in Sunway Lagoon is a fun-filled encounter to remember! Read More...
- Highlights: Sunway Lagoon is located in the booming township of Bandar Sunway in Petaling Jaya. It is accessible via a network of expressways (Federal Highway, Damansara-Puchong Expressway, New Pantai Express Way and KESAS Highway) and is a mere 15-minute drive from Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours:
Weekday, 11:00 - 18:00
Weekend & Public Holiday, 10:00 - 18:00
- Address: 3, Jalan PJS 11/11, Bandar Sunway, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
- Tel: +603 5639 0000
Sunway Pyramid Ice
Sunway Pyramid Ice is hailed the first place of its kind in Malaysia, where you can enjoy a day of ice-skating during your holiday in Kuala Lumpur. It’s located on the lower ground floor of Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall, and has played host to numerous international sports competitions and musicals since 1997.
Spanning almost 877 Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday - Friday 10:00 – 20:00, Saturday 09:00 – 21:00, Sunday 09:00 – 18:00
- Address: Lower Ground, Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall, Jalan PJS 11/15, Petaling Jaya
- Tel: +603 7492 6800
- Price Range: RM20 on weekdays, RM25 on weekends, RM28 on public and school holidays
The Annexe Gallery
A great addition to the popular tourist spot Central Market is the Annexe Gallery, a modern art gallery located on the second floor of Annexe Central Market. You can’t miss it if you’re coming from the back entrance of the local handicraft centre, but if you’re coming from the main market building, take note of the Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 20:00
- Address: 1st and 2nd Floor, Central Market Annexe, Jalan Hang Kasturi, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +6 016 489 2603
Thean Hou Temple
Overlooking the Federal highway, Thean Hou Temple is one of the oldest and largest temples in Southeast Asia and a popular tourist attraction in Malaysia due to its sheer magnificence. This six-tiered Chinese temple sits on top of Robson Heights in Kuala Lumpur. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily: 09:00 - 18:00
- Address: 65 Persiaran Endah, Off Jalan Syed Putra, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan 50460
- Tel: +603 227 4 7088
Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Memorial
Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Memorial is a massive exhibition centre in Kuala Lumpur that commemorates the life and achievements of Malaysia’s first Prime Minister. Situated along Jalan Dato' Onn, the memorial is surrounded by a picturesque garden landscape with his official residence and two further blocks of buildings housing an extensive collection of his personal belongings
- Opening Hours: Tuesday – Sunday 10:00 – 17:30
- Address: Jalan Dato’ Onn, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2694 7277
- Train: KTM : Bank Negara
Wet World Shah Alam
The Wet World in Shah Alam promises families an unforgettable thrilling experience of fun and adventure! The park prides itself on its many rides and recreational facilities along with a safety standard that is world-class. This will assure parents on the safety of their children.
Some of the water attractions include the Fountain of Youth, Cascading Read More...
- Opening Hours:
Weekday, 11:00 - 19:00
Weekend & Public Holiday, 10:00 - 20:00
- Address: Persiaran Dato' Menteri St.Selangor Darul Ehsan
- Tel: +603 5513 2020
- How to get there: About 45 minutes drive from Kuala Lumpur on federal highway, Exit at Bunga Lawang Roundabout, Shah Alam and drive towards Persiaran Dato, menteri. Section 2. The water park is near the Sirim Building and opposite the Shah Alam Lake.
Xero Gravity Indoor Rock Climbing Gym KL
Xero Gravity Indoor Rock Climbing Gym KL, located in Petaling Jaya, is divided into several climbing areas (for various fitness levels), a rooftop swimming pool, a futsal court, and a spacious workout area that’s sheltered by a glass-domed ceiling. Accessible within a 10-minute walk from the Taman Jaya LRT station, visitors can also find a shop selling climbing equipment and fitness attire, as well as an all-day café selling light snacks and coffee. If you’re not into rock-climbing, this fitness centre also offers a variety of interesting classes, from TRX and personal training to aerial yoga and pole dancing.
- Opening Hours: Monday – Friday 16:00 – 22:00, Saturday & Sunday 10:00 – 20:00
- Address: 16A Persiaran Barat, Petaling Jaya
- Tel: +603 7611 0381