Badan Warisan Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur Attractions0
Badan Warisan Malaysia is home to the Heritage of Malaysia society. Set in the shadow of the PETRONAS Twin Towers, the main building is called the Heritage Centre. It is a bungalow built in 1925 that hosts regular art exhibitions on historic Malaysian buildings, and their environs.
The group’s motto is ‘Giving our past a future’ and the non-governmental organisation has played an important role in the preservation and conservation of the country’s architectural heritage since 1983. Besides the art exhibition in the main gallery, Badan Warisan Malaysia hosts monthly talks and lectures.Read More
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Rumah Penghulu Abu Seman
Another interesting feature within the Badan Warisan Malaysia grounds is the meticulously-restored Rumah Penghulu Abu Seman (Headman Abu Seman’s Home). Originally built in Kedah between 1910 and 1930, it relocated to here in 1996: it is a handsome example of a restored Malay-style wooden house of a local Malay chief. Also within the property’s grounds is the Heritage Garden which has a selection of herbs and plants indigenous to the country.
Daily guided tours of Rumah Penghulu Abu Seman are conducted at 11:00 and 15:00 from Mondays to Saturdays. The gift shop inside the Heritage Centre has a beautiful collection of wooden furniture, antiques and local handicrafts for sale.
No. 8 Heeren Street Heritage Centre
The Heritage of Malaysia society also manages the beautifully restored No. 8 Heeren Street Heritage Centre in Malacca (Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock), a replica of a two-storey shop-house constructed in the mid-late 1700s. Check out the permanent exhibit at the Badan Warisan Malaysia complex that details the conservation and restoration process of No. 8 Heeren Street Heritage Centre, Malacca, along with shop-house’s early history.
Badan Warisan Malaysia
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 16:00 Tuesday – Saturday
- Address: 2 Jalan Stonor Kuala Lumpur 50450
- Tel: +603 2144 9273