Dewan Filharmonik PETRONAS in Kuala Lumpur
Dewan Filharmonik PETRONAS (DFP) is billed as Southeast Asia’s premier venue for Classical music concerts. Home to the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra (MPO), it is located between PETRONAS Twin Towers and KLCC Park. Opened in 1998, it is the country’s first dedicated Classical music concert hall.
One of the Dewan Filharmonik PETRONAS’s most unique features is a concealed movable ceiling: it allows for a change in the acoustics of the room to suit both meetings and chamber music concerts to large orchestra concerts and organ recitals.
In addition to the concerts given by the MPO, the 885-seat jewel box-shaped room has hosted some of the world’s leading artists and orchestras including legendary cellist Mstislav Rostropovich, Harry Connick Jr. and world-renowned orchestras such as the New York Philharmonic, The Philadelphia Orchestra, BBC Symphony, Vienna Symphony, Sydney Symphony and more.
Fully isolated from the surrounding office towers, PETRONAS Science Discovery Centre and Suria KLCC shopping mall, outside the Dewan Filharmonik PETRONAS is the beautifully-landscaped KLCC Park, with a kids’ wading pool, fountains, plenty of greenery and more.Read More
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Dewan Filharmonik PETRONAS (DFP)
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: Jalan Ampang, KLCC
- Tel: +603 2382 8448 or +603 2382 2828
You May Also LikeRate This Place: ( votes)