Dewan Filharmonik PETRONAS in Kuala Lumpur
Dewan Filharmonik PETRONAS (DFP) is billed as Southeast Asia’s premier venue for Classical music concerts. Home to the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra (MPO), it is located between PETRONAS Twin Towers and KLCC Park. Opened in 1998, it is the country’s first dedicated Classical music concert hall.
One of the Dewan Filharmonik PETRONAS’s most unique features is a concealed movable ceiling: it allows for a change in the acoustics of the room to suit both meetings and chamber music concerts to large orchestra concerts and organ recitals.
In addition to the concerts given by the MPO, the 885-seat jewel box-shaped room has hosted some of the world’s leading artists and orchestras including legendary cellist Mstislav Rostropovich, Harry Connick Jr. and world-renowned orchestras such as the New York Philharmonic, The Philadelphia Orchestra, BBC Symphony, Vienna Symphony, Sydney Symphony and more.
Fully isolated from the surrounding office towers, PETRONAS Science Discovery Centre and Suria KLCC shopping mall, outside the Dewan Filharmonik PETRONAS is the beautifully-landscaped KLCC Park, with a kids’ wading pool, fountains, plenty of greenery and more.
Dewan Filharmonik PETRONAS (DFP)
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: Jalan Ampang, KLCC
- Tel: +603 2382 8448 or +603 2382 2828
- KL Hop On Hop Off Ticket (24 Hours)
- Half Day Batu Caves Experience
- Half Day Kuala Lumpur City Tour
- Kuala Lumpur Full Day Tour
- Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary
- Kuala Selangor Fireflies Tour
- Genting Highlands Experience - With Indoor Theme Park Ticket
- Full Day Malacca Excursion
- KL Tower Night Tour
- Cultural Night Tour with Show and Dinner