The National Science Centre is a crowd puller with its vivacious, educational and just-plain-fun, hands on science and technology exhibits. Shaped like a futuristic, green mosque topped off with a large dome, it is divided into several sections, with exhibits covering the gamut of scientific knowledge.
Also known as the Pusat Sains Negara, Malaysia's first overhead freshwater aquarium, filled with 32 species of local freshwater fish, greets you as you make your way to the main exhibits. Established in 1996, the best part of the National Science Centre is undoubtedly the hall where you can watch a science show beamed straight into the interior of the main dome.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Private Grand City Overview with Lunch
The National Science Centre easily stands shoulder-to-shoulder with the Petrosains Discovery Centre in KLCC: it is only the complex’s out-of-the-way location in Mont Kiara instead of the city centre that makes it second string. The museum has gone to great lengths to ensure that the content in the exhibits are thoroughly tourist-friendly with plenty of signage in English.
Catering to both kids and adults, other facilities at the National Science Centre include a cafeteria, multimedia library, lecture hall and multi-purpose hall.
National Science Centre
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 17:00 (closed on Friday)
- Location: Pesiaran Bukit Kiara, Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2089 3400