Orchid & Hibiscus Gardens in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur Attractions
Orchid & Hibiscus Gardens are part of the Lake Gardens in KL. Located on a small hill overlooking the KL Bird Park, the Hibiscus Garden is located behind the Orchid Garden. The best time to visit the gardens is during the weekends when the entire place is turned into a colourful flower bazaar.
Also known as the Taman Bunga Raya and Taman Bunga Orkid respectively, the former houses a collection of over 500 hibiscus flowers while the latter has about 800 species of orchids. The one-ha park has lovely pergolas, manmade fountains, twisting brooks and a beautiful art gallery, the Gallery Tropika.
How to Get There & Back
Bus 21C or 48C from behind Kotaraya Plaza runs a route past the KL Bird Park (which is right opposite the Orchid & Hibiscus Gardens). If you are coming from Chow Kit, you can hop on bus 18 or 21A and get off at the old railway station: the gardens are a short walk away from here.
To get back to the city walk to the KL Bird Park: there are usually plenty of taxis waiting here. If you do not want to walk to the Bird Park, then it may be worth chartering a taxi or booking one ahead of time.
Orchid & Hibiscus Gardens
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 18:00
- Location: Jalan Perdana, Taman Tasik Perdana
- KL Hop On Hop Off Ticket (24 Hours)
- Half Day Batu Caves Experience
- Kuala Lumpur Full Day Tour
- Half Day Kuala Lumpur City Tour
- Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary
- Kuala Selangor Fireflies Tour
- Genting Highlands Experience - With Indoor Theme Park Ticket
- Full Day Malacca Excursion
- KL Tower Night Tour
- Cultural Night Tour with Show and Dinner