Sri Maha Sakthi Mohambigai Amman Temple in KL
Kuala Lumpur Attractions
Sri Maha Sakthi Mohambigai Amman Temple is a 100-year-old Hindu temple in the centre of Mid Valley City. Dedicated to the goddess Mohambigai, a combination of the Hindu goddesses Parvathy, Saraswathy and Laxmi, it is an impressive building at night especially during Indian celebrations. The temple is dwarfed by Mid Valley Megamall, one of the city’s largest shopping malls. Two imposing statues known as bhootangals stand at its colourful gopuram (entrance gate) and act as guardians of the temple. The shrine also has a large Bodhi tree inside with a statue of a meditating Buddha under it.
- KL Hop On Hop Off Ticket (24 Hours)
- Half Day Batu Caves Experience
- Half Day Kuala Lumpur City Tour
- Kuala Lumpur Full Day Tour
- Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary
- Kuala Selangor Fireflies Tour
- Genting Highlands Experience - With Indoor Theme Park Ticket
- Full Day Malacca Excursion
- KL Tower Night Tour
- Cultural Night Tour with Show and Dinner
Design of Sri Maha Sakthi Mohambigai Amman Temple
Inside Sri Maha Sakthi Mohambigai Amman Temple there are impressive statues of several Hindu gods and spiritual masters painted on walls and immortalised in statue form. Meanwhile, just outside the entrance gates colourful flower stalls abound and the scent of jasmine incense permeates the air.
A popular venue for weddings, Sri Maha Sakthi Mohambigai Amman Temple is also noticeably popular during traditional Indian celebrations such as Deepavali. A popular tourist attraction in the city, the temple ornate architectural style is its major draw.
Sri Maha Sakthi Mohambigai Amman Temple
- Location: Mid Valley City