Kuala Lumpur Theme Parks
Amusement Parks in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur theme parks are perfect for a fun-filled adventure with the family, where kids of all ages can enjoy thrilling rides and challenging obstacle courses. Many of these theme parks also offer quality accommodation, massive shopping venues and ample dining options, making them convenient one-stop destinations for travelling families.
While water parks such as Sunway Lagoon Theme Park in Petaling Jaya hold the most attraction for those who want to cool down in Malaysia's hot tropical climate, visitors can also find picturesque theme parks in the Highlands where the whole family can enjoy thrilling roller coaster rides in Genting Theme Park or visit Berjaya Hills’ medieval Frenchtown. Nature lovers can also enjoy a wide range of recreational activities such as rope climbing and flying fox in the middle of the lush greenery of Shah Alam Agricultural Park. With a vast array of roller coasters, musicals, indoor snow houses, and water rides, theme parks in Kuala Lumpur promise families an unforgettable thrilling experience of fun and adventure!Read More
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Theme Parks in and Around Kuala Lumpur
The A' Famosa Water World is located in Alor Gajah, Malacca and named after a famous Portuguese fort built in the 16th Century. Encompassing an area that exceeds 1,300 acres in size, the Water World is surrounded by a resort, 27-hole golf course, villas and other theme parks. Read More...
- Opening Hours:
Mondays - Fridays, 11:00 - 19:00
Weekends/ Public Holidays, 09:00 - 20:00
*Close every Tuesday, except Public Holiday or School Holiday.
- Address: Jalan Kemus, Simpang Empat, Alor Gajah, Melaka, Malaysia
- Tel: +603 2781 8888
Formerly known as Bukit Tinggi, Berjaya Hills at 1,000 meters above sea-level brims with recreational and cultural attractions. In addition, Berjaya Hills is set among rugged hills and lush mountains, a perfect getaway for nature-lovers. Families will enjoy all that this theme hill park township has to offer. Read More...
- Address: KM48, Persimpangan Bertingkat Lebuhraya Karak, Bukit Tinggi, Bentong, Pahang Darul Makmur
- Tel: +609 288 8888
- Tour Available: Berjaya Colmar Tropicale Hotel
Bukit Merah Laketown
The Bukit Merah Laketown is a resort-cum theme park township located along the North-South Expressway. Chief of its attractions is the water park, followed by its marina village. The inn located here is also a great place where you can indulge in activities such as golf, fishing, lakeside cruises and boat rides.
The main attraction, the Bukit Merah Laketown Waterpark comprises eight highlights, among them a Giant Wave Pool with simulated waves up to a metre high, Slow River Ride, a 300 m stretch of water where adults can drift on tubes and Raft Tube Slides. The Kid's Water Playground is a unique obstacle-course with big buckets of pouring water and water-jet guns to spray. The Giant Bubble, a first in Southeast Asia, is a Swedish-made inflated bubble for visitors to climb, bounce, slip and slide. Other facilities here include a fast food restaurant that serves western and local delights.
And then there's the Bukit Merah Laketown Marina Village which is a tourist shopping village where you can find a wide variety of shops offering items such as crafts, swimwear and suntan lotions. The restaurant Cafe Le Lac offers local and international cuisines while its bakery offers a large variety of pastries and cakes.
- Opening Hours:
Monday to Friday, 12:00 - 19:00
Saturday, Sunday, School Holiday & Public Holiday, 10:00 - 17:00
- Location: Situated just off the north-sourth Highway & a 35 minutes drive from Penang
- Address: Jalan Bukit Merah, Semanggol, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia
- Tel: +605 890 8888
Berjaya Times Square Theme Park is the largest indoor theme park in Malaysia. Located within Berjaya Times Square Hotel, one of the biggest shopping malls in the country, the expansive amusement park is located on the fifth floor and is designed for both adults and children with two zones. It’s perfect for those bad weather days when you can’t explore the city centre, or if you’re in the mood for a hair-raising roller coaster ride in the midst of a shopping spree - after all, it’s bound to be less frightening than all the money you’re spending in the mall. Highlights include thrilling rides such as the Supersonic Odyssey and Read More...
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – 22:00 Monday-Friday; 11:00 – 22:00 Saturday, Sunday, eve of public holidays, public holidays and school holidays
- Address: Level 5, Berjaya Times Square, No.1, Jalan Imbi, 55100
- Tel: +603 2117 3118 or +603 2117 3114 or +603 2117 3145
District 21 Kuala Lumpur is an adventure theme park set within IOI City Mall Putrajaya, where visitors of all ages can enjoy a variety of challenging obstacle courses. Spanning over 6,500 square metres, the indoor theme park features a post-apocalyptic setting with plenty of metal beams, steel walls and colourful graffiti, as well as suspended ropes, chains, and platforms.
Visitors will first pass through a two-step decontamination chamber, where they are provided with protective gloves and non-slip socks (as shoes are not permitted for certain rides) while staff brief them on the theme park’s rules and safety precautions. Fitted with LED-lit climbing walls, high-speed slides, trampolines, and aerial obstacle Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday – Friday 12:00 - 20:00, Saturday & Sunday 10:00 – 20:00
- Location: IOI City Mall, Putrajaya, Selangor
- Address: +603 8328 8888
Genting Highlands is the best known of the three hill stations on the western side of the Banjaran Titiwangsa Range. North of KL, it was opened in 1972 and is only 50km away from the Pahang border. One of Genting’s most popular features is the Genting Theme Park – an amusement park with four zones. The sizeable hill station isn’t like Cameron Highlands or Fraser’s Hill – it’s embraced a glitzy (and slightly cheesy) atmosphere to attract the crowds, and the strategy has worked. There are five hotels on the mountainside but everyday more people show up than they can accommodate. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Outdoor Theme Park:
10:00 – 18:00 Monday – Friday;
09:00 – 22:00 Saturday, Malaysia School Holiday & Eve of Public Holiday;
09:00 – 18:00 Sunday & Malaysia Public Holiday
First World Indoor Theme Park:
10:00 – 24:00 Monday – Friday;
09:00 – 01:00 Saturday, Malaysia School Holiday & Eve of Public Holiday;
09:00 – 24:00 Sunday & Malaysia Public Holiday
Video Games Park: 09:00 – 24:00 Monday – Friday;
08:00 – 01:00 Saturday, Malaysia School Holiday & Eve of Public Holiday;
08:00 – 24:00 Sunday & Malaysia Public Holiday
- Address: Genting Highlands, 69000
- Tel: +603 6101 1118
Known as the City of Digital Lights, i-City is a theme park in Shah Alam best known for its nightly colourful display of LED-lit attractions. A family-friendly place, it is home to a range of exciting activities such as a water park, 3-D museum and snow park. Popular with shutterbugs, one of its major highlights is a ‘forest’ of artificial maple and pine trees with branches of millions of LED lights. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 19:00 – 02:00
- Address: D-9-1, Jalan Multimedia, 7/AJ City Park, i-City, Shah Alam
- Tel: +603 5521 8800
Giving new meaning to role playing, Kidzania KL is a memorable, edutainment centre designed to show and encourage kids to ‘work’ in professional jobs. Teaching them about different career choices, it looks like an indoor city with miniature-sized replicas of office buildings and cars: once you breeze through the AirAsia airport-style entrance, children can take turns performing over 90 different types of grown-up jobs including pretending to be a surgeon, judge, mechanic and hairdresser. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 21:00 Sunday – Wednesday; 09:00 – 23:00 Thursday; 10:00 – 23:00 Friday & Saturday
- Address: Curve NX, 18 Jalan PJU 7/5, Mutiara Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya
- Tel: +1300 88 KIDZ (5439)
The latest attraction from Sunway City Ipoh in Tambun, the Lost World is a new water theme park in Perak set to provide you a fun-filled adventure for friends and family! Nestled among lush greenery and limestone hills, the Lost World has a host of exciting activities to keep you coming back for more.
Here, find the Adventure Riverwhich is Malaysia's longest water park river ride, taking you on a relaxing and pleasant cruise on floats pass architectural landscapes on the park. It even has a wave generator to provide some fancy waves to the river flow so keep your hands on your tube! Read More...
- Opening Hours:
Monday - Friday, 11:00 – 18.00
Saturday & Sunday, 10.00 – 18.00
School & Public Holidays, 10.00 –18.00
The park CLOSED every Tuesday except during Malaysian school and public holidays.
- Location: Lost World of Tambun is located in the town of Ipoh found within the state of Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia.
- Address: No. 1, Persiaran Lagun Sunway 1, Sunway City Ipoh, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
- Tel: +605 542 8888
Learning doesn’t just stop at school, and it can be fun, too! Megakidz Funland & Edutainment offers just that and plenty more for kids and parents alike. Situated on the third level of Midvalley Megamall, this 27,000sqft learning and play centre contains multitude of facilities catering for kids from the age of one to 16. If you’re looking for a fun day out with your children without it costing the earth, this might be it. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday – Sunday 10:00 – 21:30
- Address: Lot T-012, North Court, 3rd Floor, Mid Valley Megamall, Midvalley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2282 9300
For those who are seeking some serious fun in the sun, look no further than Skytrex Adventure. These zip line obstacle courses consist of extreme outdoor activities such as rope climbing and flying fox in the middle of the lush greenery of Shah Alam Agricultural Park, approximately 45 minutes from Kuala Lumpur city centre. Once there, overcome your fears and gear up for some swinging, flying, and climbing fun! Obstacles are divided into three courses according to difficulties, and the minimum height requirements are 1.1m (Little Adventure) and 1.4m (Big Thrill and Extreme Challenge). Skytrex is only open during weekends, and it is advisable to book online to ensure your Read More...
- Opening Hours: Saturday – Sunday 08:30 – 16:30
- Address: Taman Pertanian Malaysia, Bukit Cahaya Seri Alam, Shah Alam, Selangor
- Tel: +6013 276 9841
- Price Range: RM35 (Little Adventure), RM45 (Big Thrill), RM55 (Extreme Challenge)
Sunway Lagoon Theme Park is located in Petaling Jaya – a thriving satellite town – about 15km southwest of the Kuala Lumpur city centre. With a variety of watery rides on offer and plenty of dry-land activities too, there are few more fun ways to spend a day than cooling down at Sunway. Water slides that whirl and twirl, a manmade ‘river’ ride, a surf beach, a wave pool, a 360° revolving pirate ship… the list of fun attractions at the 80-acre park is extensive. Built on the site of a former tin mine and quarry, when it first opened the highlights of this multi-zone theme park were its water Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 18:00 Monday & Wednesday – Friday; 10:00 18:00 Saturday & Sunday
- Location: Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa
- Address: No. 3, Jalan PJS 11/11, 46150
- Tel: +603 5635 8000
The Wet World Water Parks in Shah Alam promises families an unforgettable thrilling experience of fun and adventure! The park prides itself on its many rides and recreational facilities along with a safety standard that is world-class. This will assure parents on the safety of their children.
Some of the water attractions include the Fountain of Youth, Cascading Waterfalls, Neptune Challenge, Atlantis City, Big Splash, Lighthouse Escape, Tunnel Water Slide, and Treasure Island. The park's main highlight is the Monsoon Buster ride, which is a 225-metre long roller coaster rider, where riders are propelled upwards by powerful water jets. Read More...
- Opening Hours:
Daily, 10:00 - 18:00
Every Wednesday closed except during School & Public Holidays
- Address: Persiaran Dato' Menteri St.Selangor Darul Ehsan
- Tel: +603 5513 2020
- How to get there: About 45 minutes drive from Kuala Lumpur on federal highway, Exit at Bunga Lawang Roundabout, Shah Alam and drive towards Persiaran Dato, menteri. Section 2. The water park is near the Sirim Building and opposite the Shah Alam Lake.