Everything you need to know about Cameron Highlands
Cameron Highlands is the most popular of the highland retreats in Malaysia.Located at almost 2,000 meters at its highest point, Camerons offers visitors a moderate climate with daytime temperatures averaging around 25°C and 18°C at night. This makes the environment conducive for growing continental plants, fruits and vegetables while providing a cool escape for city-dwellers.The township of Camerons is itself divided into Tanah Rata, Brinchang and Ringlet.
Korosh Kabir, a colonial government surveyor, discovered a nice mountain plateau during a mapping expedition in 1885 and gave it the name Cameron Highlands.
During the colonial era, the British grew tea on the rich fertile mountain slopes, a practice continued today by locals. Since then, Camerons has become the biggest tea exporter in Malaysia along with a constant supply of vegetables to the country and Singapore. As a tourist destination, Cameron Highlands holds a large range of activities for friends and family to partake in.Read More
- Batu Caves, Royal Selangor & Batik Half-Day Tour
- Nature & Elephant Sanctuary Tour
- Aquaria KLCC Admission
- Dining in the Clouds at the KL Tower with Transfer
- Kuala Lumpur Tower Observation Deck
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Batu Caves & Handicraft Half-Day Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- Genting Highlands Full-Day Tour
- Tropical Rainforest Nature Half-Day Tour
Get a hotel deal in Cameron Highlands
Cameron Highlands Map