Cameron Highlands Shopping
Where to Shop and What to Buy in Cameron Highlands
The centre of Malaysia’s tea production market, Cameron Highlands basically consists of a network of clearly-marked jungle trails and a series of beautiful waterfalls set against a backdrop of green peaks. It’s not Malaysia’s most popular alpine escape, especially amongst foreign visitors, but it draws in its fair share of local tourists. The Highlands isn’t known for its shopping; if you’re looking for freshly grown local vegetables and fruits – and you’re not planning on joining tours that will take you to the plantations and farms scattered across its landscape – then be sure to stop by at one of the local markets or the roadside stalls. The best place to pick up local produce is the Multicrops Central Market – purchase some fresher-than-fresh Cameronian apples, oranges and passion fruit. Additionally there’s a market stall beside the Butterfly Garden in Brinchang that sells a variety of produce.
- Batu Caves, Royal Selangor & Batik Half-Day Tour
- Nature & Elephant Sanctuary Tour
- Aquaria KLCC Admission
- Dining in the Clouds at the KL Tower with Transfer
- Kuala Lumpur Tower Observation Deck
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Batu Caves & Handicraft Half-Day Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- Genting Highlands Full-Day Tour
- Tropical Rainforest Nature Half-Day Tour
Brinchang Night Market
Set up in the central square, Brinchang has a good night market on late Saturday afternoons. It’s a good place to sample local snacks as well as purchase souvenirs and knick knacks at cheap prices. There’s a permanent food stall complex at the southern edge of the centre and also a string of Chinese restaurants along the main strip.
- Location: Brinchang central square
Multicrops Central Market
Selling a variety of teas, fruits, strawberry jam, honey, potted plants and numerous other articles, this store is quite possibly the best local one-stop centre to get your collection of produce before you head back home.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 18:00
- Location: Arkid Peladang Sungai Burung, Brinchang
- Tel: +605 491 5188
Yung Seng Souvenir Shop
Located in Tanah Rata, this souvenir store has a good selection of knick knacks – most notable are the slightly-expensive orang asli wood carvings. The shop also has a collection of Asian art pieces that are reasonably-priced.
- Address: 29 & 30 Jalan Besar, Tanah Rata
- Tel: +605 491 2223