Antipodean Café, KL
Antipodean Café proves that comfort food can be found at all hours of the day, and it need not come with costly price tags. Sure to please anyone who loves a long, leisurely weekend brunch breakfast, the quaint, hip and artfully decorated bistro is beloved in the KL dining scene, with a lot of locals applauding its all-day breakfast menu. Prices are generally inexpensive – think RM19 for a big breakfast set (toast, sausage, mushroom, scrambled eggs and hash browns) and RM9 for a latte.
- Opening Hours: Thursday - Friday 07:30 - 21:00, Sunday - Wednesday 07:30 - 17:00
- Address: 207, Menara Tan & Tan, Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2161 0752
BEAST Bar & Grill at The Intermark
BEAST Bar & Grill at The Intermark is a steakhouse in Kuala Lumpur that prides itself in delivering the highest quality steaks in a classy setting. Easily recognised by the massive neon-lettered signage by the entrance, the establishment's speciality is its meaty steaks, where diners can choose from tenderloin, rib eye, strip loin and porterhouse. Highly Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday – Thursday 12:00 - 15:00 & 17:00 - 23:30, Friday 12:00 - 15:00 & 17:00 - 00:30, Saturday 17:00 - 00:30
- Address: Lot G-01 Ground Floor, The Intermark, Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2163 5732
Chef Choi Restaurant
Chef Choi Restaurant Kuala Lumpur is well-known for offering authentic Cantonese cuisine inspired by Hong Kong kitchens. Standouts include the aromatic roast duck and Japanese Kobe beef, both of which served with fragrant rice. If you're dining with a large group, the restaurant serves a variety of dim sum (bite-sized Chinese dishes) for breakfast and lunch.
- Opening Hours: Monday – Sunday 07:00 – 23:00
- Address: 195, Jalan Ampang, Taman U Thant, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2163 5866
Cilantro Restaurant & Wine Bar
Cilantro Restaurant & Wine Bar is a French-Japanese fine dining eatery offering award-winning small-plate cuisine accompanied by sparkling service. It may not be an everyday pleasure, but it certainly has gained a loyal following among Kuala Lumpur’s gourmet enthusiasts.Its sumptuous French-Japanese inspired food certainly helps it top the list of Kuala Lumpur’s most rarefied and progressive Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday – Saturday 18:00 – 22:30, Friday 12:00 – 14:00
- Address: MiCasa All Suite Hotel, 368-B Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur, 50400
- Tel: +603 2179 8082
D’Tandoor, located in Wisma Chinese Chamber, specialises in North Indian and Arabic dishes that are commonly enjoyed in various parts of India, Pakistan and Malaysia. Thanks to its popularity amongst locals, this Indian restaurant has several outlets throughout Kuala Lumpur and Petaling Jaya - you can even find one in Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA).
- Opening Hours: Monday – Sunday 11:30 – 14:30 & 18:00 – 22:30
- Address: Ground Floor, Wisma Chinese Chamber, 258 Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 4260 1020
Dolly Dim Sum Restaurant
Serving authentic dim sum in a colourful setting, Dolly Dim Sum KL is a contemporary all-day eatery located within Avenue K Shopping Centre (opposite Suria KLCC).A popular breakfast amongst the local Chinese community, dim sum is a collection of three to four bite-sized portions of Cantonese delicacies placed on small saucers, kept hot in bamboo baskets. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:00 – 22:00
- Address: Lot G9, Ground Floor, Avenue K, 156, JalanAmpang, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 21813830
Harrods Cafe KLCC
Harrods is an instantly recognisable brand often associated with luxury and the finer things in life. The brand first came to Kuala Lumpur in 2009, with the opening of Harrods World Signature Shop and Tea Salon, on the second floor of Suria KLCC: divided into two sections, the retail store and restaurant has a similar classic Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 10:00 – 22:00
- Address: Lot No. 137, First Floor, Suria KLCC, Kuala Lumpur
La Mexicana Ampang
A far cry from a fussy upmarket cantina, La Mexicana is a city taqueria set on Lorong Nibong, off Jalan Ampang in the heart of KL. Food wise, it delves not only into simple tacos and tamales, but also features a menu of regional Mexican cuisines. Setting it apart and giving it an edge over other tempting Mexican restaurants in KL are its fresh, meaty tacos – our favourite is the tacos campechanos (RM22), corn tortillas jammed with pork meat, cilantro, onion shavings, and Molcajete red sauce. Furthermore, though the meat menu selections excel at this KL eatery, vegetarian options are plenty satisfying too – the RM20 guacamole served with homemade fried corn chips are great starters with the avocados pureed beautifully with ripe tomatoes, onions and flavoured with a hint of lime.
- Opening Hours: Tuesday - Friday 12:00 - 23:00, Saturday & Sunday 12:00 - 23:30
- Address: 347 Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 4266 6262
Onsemiro is a fine dining Korean restaurant set in Intermark Mall on Jalan Tun Razak that makes clever use of Korean aesthetics to create an engaging dining experience. Freshness, high quality ingredients and orderly plate presentations are part and parcel of the Onsemiro dining experience. Onsemiro restaurant’s kitchen is headed by Chef Yang Tae Yong, who Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:30 – 12:30 & 17:30 – 22:30
- Address: Lot 206, 2nd Floor, The Intermark Mall, 182, Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2161 2461
Pelita Nasi Kandar
Pelita Nasi Kandar offers satisfyingly-good mamak dishes that are very affordable. It’s specialty is – you guessed it – nasi kandar, which is steamed white rice served with a variety of spicy curries along with other side dishes. Although it's an Indian Muslim dish, this rice dish is a firm favourite amongst the locals, regardless of religion or social status. A national institution more than a mere restaurant, it’s one of the few restaurants around town that is open around-the-clock.
- Opening Hours: Daily (24 Hours)
- Address: 149 Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumput
- Tel: +603 2162 5532
Named after a legendary local actress, Saloma brings you the best of Malaysian cuisine. Don’t miss out of the ‘tiffin’ specialty, where home-cooked dishes are served in classic metal tiffin carriers, just like the way they used to back in the olden days.
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:00 – 00:00
- Address: 139, Pusat Pelancongan Malaysia (MaTiC), Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2161 0122
Sapore Kuala Lumpur
Sapore Kuala Lumpur serves a mix of authentic Spanish, Italian and Mediterranean fare, as well as an extensive wine and cocktails list. Located in Ampang, this restaurant was founded by Chef Fabio Ruggiero, who has previously worked in several five-star hotels and Michelin-starred restaurants in Italy before moving to the Malaysian capital. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Mon – Fri 14:00 – 23:30, Sat – Sun 10:00 – 23:30
- Address: 18, Persiaran Ampang, Desa Pahlawan, Ampang, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 4266 6362
Tamarind Springs is a fine-dining restaurant set within Ampang’s natural forest reserve. The culinary direction is classic Indochinese with inspiration for the spicy food coming from Lao, Vietnamese and Khmer kitchens. One part of a three-outlet complex, Chef Somkhuan Wandee heads up the kitchen. Merging seamlessly with the jungle, Tamarind Springs has impressive surroundings, from the Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 12:30 – 14:30 & 18:30 – 22:30
- Address: Jalan 1, Taman Tun Abdul Razak, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 4256 9300
Tao Chinese Cuisine
Tao Chinese Cuisine at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur offers a delectable array of traditional Chinese fare and dim sum with a contemporary twist. The restaurant has a pork-free policy, with standard porcine dishes substituted with succulent chicken, beef and lamb. Diners can enjoy tantalising fusion options such as deep fried soft shell crab, baked cod with egg floss and oats, as well as deep fried prawns served with mayonnaise and corn flakes. Complementing its diverse food menu, Tao Chinese Cuisine’s interior is wonderfully detailed with a vibrant design of pale pink April peach flowers as a signature motif and a ceiling of glittery lights, giving an impression of dining under the stars.
- Opening Hours: Monday – Friday 11:45 – 14:30 & 18:30 – 22:30 Saturday, Sundays and Public Holidays 11:00 – 14:30 & 18:30 – 22:30
- Address: Level One, InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, 165 Jalan Ampang
- Tel: +603 2782 6128
The 39 Restaurant
The 39 Restaurant is a restaurant in PNB Darby Park that redefines classic Malay cuisine. Set in elegant surrounds, it presents Malay cooking in an all-new setting by entering the fine-dining circle. Here, special emphasis is placed on food presentation and dishes use only top-notch ingredients. The 39 Restaurant is divided into an air-conditioned indoor dining Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 12:30 – 15:00 & 19:00 – 22:00
- Address: PNB Darby Park, 10, Jalan Binjai, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 7490 3333
Veg Fish Farm Thai Restaurant
Veg Fish Farm Thai Restaurant is set near the Hulu Langat lookout point. The restaurant sits on stilts over a small manmade fish pond. Serving Thai-style fare, one of its greatest draws is the fresh seafood and vegetables served: the produce comes from the restaurant’s own organic vegetable garden. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:00 - 23:30
- Address: KM4, Jalan Ampang – Hulu Langat, Ampang
- Tel: +6016 293 6493
Victoria Station is well-known for its generously-portioned charbroiled steaks, with prime cuts from rib-eyes to sirloins. Featuring a unique décor with railway coaches, diners can enjoy their time-tested dishes in a nostalgic ambience, amidst the chugging of steam trains.
- Opening Hours: Monday – Sunday 12:00 – 00:00
- Address: 243, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 4257 3388