Antipodean Café, KL
Delivering one message loud and clear, Antipodean Café proves that comfort food can be found at all hours of the day, and it need not come in opulent surrounds or with costly price tags. Sure to please anyone who loves a long, leisurely weekend brunch breakfast, the quaint, hip and artfully decorated bistro is beloved in the KL dining scene, with a lot of locals applauding its all-day breakfast menu.
It quickly earned a glowing reputation when it first burst onto the city’s dining scene many years ago, and this breakfast bar in Menara Tan & Tan along Jalan Tun Razak has gone on to become particularly popular among young, trendy urbanites. Prices are generally inexpensive – think RM19 for a big breakfast set (toast, sausage, mushroom, scrambled eggs and hash browns) and RM9 for a latte.
- Opening Hours: 07:30 – 21:00
- Address: No 207, Menara Tan & Tan, Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2161 0752
BEAST Bar & Grill at The Intermark
BEAST Bar & Grill at The Intermark is a steakhouse in Kuala Lumpur that prides itself in delivering the highest quality steaks in a classy setting. Easily recognised by the massive neon-lettered signage by the entrance, the establishment is set on the ground floor of The Intermark, a six-storey international commercial, financial and entertainment centre, which
- Opening Hours: Monday – Thursday 12:00 - 15:00& 17:00 - 23:30, Friday 12:00 - 15:00& 17:00 - 00:30, Saturday 17:00 - 00:30
- Address: Lot G-01 Ground Floor, The Intermark, Jalan Tun Razak
- Tel: +603 2163 5732
Chef Choi Restaurant
Serving authentic Cantonese cuisine from Hong Kong kitchens, Chef Choi Restaurant is well-known for its shark fin soup, crispy aromatic duck and Japanese Kobe beef. A variety of dim sums are also served at lunch.
- Opening Hours: Monday – Sunday 07:00 – 23:00
- Address: 159 Jalan Ampang
- Tel: (603) 2163 5866
- Cuisine: Chinese, Cantonese
Cilantro Restaurant & Wine Bar
Cilantro Restaurant & Wine Bar is a French-Japanese fine dining eatery offering award-winning small-plate cuisine accompanied by sparkling service. It may not be an everyday pleasure, but it certainly has gained a loyal following among Kuala Lumpur’s gourmet enthusiasts.
Its sumptuous French-Japanese inspired food certainly helps it top the list of Kuala Lumpur’s most rarefied and Read More...
- Opening Hours:
12:00 – 14:00 & 18:00 – 22:30 Friday;
18:00 – 22:30 Monday – Thursday & Saturday
- Address: MiCasa All Suite Hotel, 368-B Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur, 50400
- Tel: +603 2179 8082
Specialising in Moghul cuisine, D’Tandoor’s menu includes authentic culinary creations from various parts of India, Pakistan and Malaysia, with some prepared on the spot, thus ensuring its freshness.
- Opening Hours: Monday – Sunday 11:30 – 14:30 & 18:00 – 22:30
- Address: Ground Floor, Wisma Chinese Chamber, 258 Jalan Ampang
- Tel: (603) 4260 1020
- Cuisine: Indian, Moghul
Dolly Dim Sum Restaurant
Serving authentic dim sum in a colourful setting, Dolly Dim Sum KL is a contemporary all-day eatery located within Avenue K Shopping Centre (opposite Suria KLCC).A popular breakfast amongst the local Chinese community, dim sum is a collection of three to four bite-sized portions of Cantonese delicacies placed on small saucers, kept hot in bamboo baskets. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:00 – 22:00
- MRT: KLCC
- Address: Lot G9, Ground Floor, Avenue K, 156JalanAmpang, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 21813830
Fish Farm Thai Restaurant
Fish Farm Thai Restaurant is set near the Hulu Langat lookout point. The restaurant sits on stilts over a small manmade fish pond. Serving Thai-style fare, one of its greatest draws is the fresh seafood and vegetables served: the produce comes from the restaurant’s own organic vegetable garden. Read More...
- Address: KM4, Jalan Ampang – Hulu Langat, 68000 Ampang, Selangor
- Tel: +6019 260 6493 or +6012 286 8193
Harrods Cafe KLCC
Harrods is an instantly recognisable brand often associated with luxury and the finer things in life. The brand first came to Kuala Lumpur in 2009, with the opening of Harrods World Signature Shop and Tea Salon, on the second floor of Suria KLCC: divided into two sections, the retail store and restaurant has a similar classic Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Address: Lot No. 137, First Floor, Suria KLCC, 50088 Kuala Lumpur
La Mexicana, KL
A far cry from a fussy upmarket cantina, La Mexicana is a city taqueria set on Lorong Nibong, off Jalan Ampang in the heart of KL. Food wise, it delves not only into simple tacos and tamales, but also features a menu of regional Mexican cuisines. The excellent, artistic food arrives with sophisticated style but expect home-grown taste and rich flavour. Setting it apart and giving it an edge over other tempting Mexican restaurants in KL are its fresh, meaty tacos – our favourite is the tacos campechanos (RM22), corn tortillas jammed with pork meat, cilantro, onion shavings, and Molcajete red sauce. Furthermore, though the meat menu selections excel at this KL eatery, vegetarian options are plenty satisfying too – the RM20 guacamole served with homemade fried corn chips are great starters with the avocados pureed beautifully with ripe tomatoes, onions and flavoured with a hint of lime.
- Opening Hours: 12:00 - 23:00
- Address: Jalan Nibong (off Jalan Ampang), 50450 Ampang, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 4253 5251
Onsemiro is a fine dining Korean restaurant set in Intermark Mall on Jalan Tun Razak that makes clever use of Korean aesthetics to create an engaging dining experience. Freshness, high quality ingredients and orderly plate presentations are part and parcel of the Onsemiro dining experience. Onsemiro restaurant’s kitchen is headed by Chef Yang Tae Yong, who Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:30 – 12:30; 17:30 – 22:30
- Address: Lot 206, 2nd Floor, The Intermark Mall @ The Intermark, 182 Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur.
- Tel: +603 2161 2461
Pelita Nasi Kandar
A national institution more than a mere restaurant, Pelita Nasi Kandar offers satisfyingly-good mamak (Indian Muslim) dishes that are very affordable. It’s specialty is – you guessed it – nasi kandar, which is steamed white rice served with a variety of spicy curries along with other side dishes – a firm favourite with the locals, regardless of social status. Best of all, it’s one of the few restaurants around town that is open around-the-clock.
- Opening Hours: 24 hours
- Address: 149 Jalan Ampang
- Tel: (603) 2162 5532
- Cuisine: Indian Muslim, nasi kandar
Named by Time Out KL as having the best burgers in town, Relish’s meat patties are quite legendary. Introducing the concept of gourmet burgers to KL-lites, this modern café cum bar’s burgers are free from additives and preservatives, using prime beef imported from Australia.
- Opening Hours: Monday – Saturday 18:00 – Late; Closed on Sundays
- Address: Terrace Bar, Zouk Club, 113 Jalan Ampang
- Tel: (603) 2171 2075
- Cuisine: Western, gourmet burgers, cakes, pastries
Named after a legendary local actress, Saloma brings you the best of Malaysian cuisine. Don’t miss out of the ‘tiffin’ specialty, where home-cooked dishes are served in classic metal tiffin carriers, just like the way they used to back in the olden days.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 11:00 – 00:00
- Address: 139, Pusat Pelancongan Malaysia (MaTiC), Jalan Ampang
- Tel: (603) 2161 0122
- Cuisine: Malay
Tamarind Springs is a fine-dining restaurant set within Ampang’s natural forest reserve. The culinary direction is classic Indochinese with inspiration for the spicy food coming from Lao, Vietnamese and Khmer kitchens. One part of a three-outlet complex, Chef Somkhuan Wandee heads up the kitchen. Merging seamlessly with the jungle, Tamarind Springs has impressive surroundings, from the Read More...
- Opening Hours: 12:30 – 14:30; 18:30 – 22:30
- Address: Jalan 1 Taman T.A.R. 68000 Ampang, Selangor
- Tel: +603 4256 9300
Tao Chinese Cuisine
Tao Chinese Cuisine at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur offers a delectable array of traditional Chinese fare and dim sum with a contemporary twist. The restaurant has a pork-free policy, with standard porcine dishes substituted with succulent chicken, beef and lamb. Diners can enjoy tantalising fusion options such as deep fried soft shell crab, baked cod with egg floss and oats, as well as deep fried prawns served with mayonnaise and corn flakes. Complementing its diverse food menu, Tao Chinese Cuisine’s interior is wonderfully detailed with a vibrant design of pale pink April peach flowers as a signature motif and a ceiling of glittery lights, giving an impression of dining under the stars.
- Opening Hours: Monday – Friday 11:45 – 14:30 & 18:30 – 22:30 Saturday, Sundays and Public Holidays 11:00 – 14:30 & 18:30 – 22:30
- Address: Level One, InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, 165 Jalan Ampang
- Tel: +603 2782 6128
The 39 Restaurant
The 39 Restaurant is a restaurant in PNB Darby Park that redefines classic Malay cuisine. Set in elegant surrounds, it presents Malay cooking in an all-new setting by entering the fine-dining circle. Here, special emphasis is placed on food presentation and dishes use only top-notch ingredients. The 39 Restaurant is divided into an air-conditioned indoor dining Read More...
- Opening Hours: 12:30 – 15:00; 19:00 – 22:00
- Address: PNB Darby Park, 10 Jalan Binjai, 50450 KL
- Tel: +603 7490 3333
Featuring a unique décor with railway coaches where you can dine in, Victoria Station is well-known for its generously-portioned charbroiled steaks, with prime cuts from rib-eyes to sirloins. Enjoy their time-tested dishes in a nostalgic ambience, amidst the chugging of steam trains.
- Opening Hours: Monday – Sunday 12:00 – 00:00
- Address: 243 Jalan Ampang
- Tel: (603) 4257 3388/4251 4997
- Cuisine: Western, steaks, grills