Fish Farm Thai Restaurant in Kuala Lumpur
Ampang Restaurants & Dining
Fish Farm Thai Restaurant is set near the Hulu Langat lookout point. The restaurant sits on stilts over a small manmade fish pond. Serving Thai-style fare, one of its greatest draws is the fresh seafood and vegetables served: the produce comes from the restaurant’s own organic vegetable garden.
The cuisine at Fish Farm Thai Restaurant is spicy: there is no getting around that, but locals swear it is the best place for Thai seafood. However, some dishes have lower spiciness levels for western visitors: the fried chicken with kaffir lime leaves, kangkung with tao chew and the grilled lamb just to name a few. The grilled lamb is especially good as the meat is tender and well marinated so the dish simply bursts with flavour.
Don’t miss out on the tempting seafood tom yam soup at Fish Farm Thai Restaurant. The soup is thick and flavourful and the seafood and vegetables are incredibly fresh and tasty. Kerabu chicken feet are a must or you can go with the mango kerabu. Also good is sotong masak pedas with coconut milk: it is a dish similar to calamari rings but spicier.
Talapia steam limau Thai-style (lemon steamed fish) is another must-try dish, as is udang goreng cili bawang putih (fried prawns in garlic and chilli) with fried spinach. Last of all try ketam masak serbuk kari: the barbecued crab with curry powder is almost addictive.
For dessert try the platter of popular Thai desserts: you will be fighting to get more of the sticky glutinous rice with sweet mango slices.
Fish Farm Thai Restaurant
- Address: KM4, Jalan Ampang – Hulu Langat, 68000 Ampang, Selangor
- Tel: +6019 260 6493 or +6012 286 8193
- KL Hop On Hop Off Ticket (24 Hours)
- Half Day Batu Caves Experience
- Half Day Kuala Lumpur City Tour
- Kuala Lumpur Full Day Tour
- Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary
- Kuala Selangor Fireflies Tour
- Genting Highlands Experience - With Indoor Theme Park Ticket
- Full Day Malacca Excursion
- KL Tower Night Tour
- Cultural Night Tour with Show and Dinner