Veg Fish Farm Thai Restaurant is set near the Hulu Langat lookout point. The restaurant sits on stilts over a small manmade fish pond. Serving Thai-style fare, one of its greatest draws is the fresh seafood and vegetables served: the produce comes from the restaurant’s own organic vegetable garden.
The cuisine at Veg Fish Farm Thai Restaurant is spicy: there is no getting around that, but locals swear it is the best place for Thai seafood. However, some dishes have lower spiciness levels for western visitors: the fried chicken with kaffir lime leaves, kangkung with tao chew and the grilled lamb just to name a few. The grilled lamb is especially good as the meat is tender and well marinated so the dish simply bursts with flavour.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Private Grand City Overview with Lunch
Don’t miss out on the tempting seafood tom yam soup at Veg Fish Farm Thai Restaurant. The soup is thick and flavourful and the seafood and vegetables are incredibly fresh and tasty. Kerabu chicken feet are a must or you can go with the mango kerabu. Also good is sotong masak pedas with coconut milk: it is a dish similar to calamari rings but spicier.
Talapia steam limau Thai-style (lemon steamed fish) is another must-try dish, as is udang goreng cili bawang putih (fried prawns in garlic and chilli) with fried spinach. Last of all try ketam masak serbuk kari: the barbecued crab with curry powder is almost addictive. For dessert, try the platter of popular Thai desserts: you will be fighting to get more of the sticky glutinous rice with sweet mango slices.
Veg Fish Farm Thai Restaurant
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:00 - 23:30
- Address: KM4, Jalan Ampang – Hulu Langat, Ampang, Selangor
- Tel: +6016-293 6493