Frangipani Restaurant in Kuala Lumpur
Gay-friendly Nightlife Spot in Changkat Bukit Bintang0
Frangipani is permanently closed, and replace by Zion Club Kuala Lumpur
Frangipani Restaurant is one of the best French fine-dining experiences in Malaysia. Opened in 2001, it is set along the popular Changkat Bukit Bintang and is one of the city’s best places to be seen for those looking to impress. Elegant and refined, it was listed in Malaysian Tatler’s 2011 Best Restaurants Guide.
Reminiscent of a black-tie James Bond movie dining scene, the interior of Frangipani exudes cool confidence and sophistication and there is a discreetly high-class quality to the air. The dining room surrounds a reflecting black pool with white Raj-like columns and cream linen covered tables surrounding it. That the food far surpasses the décor seems almost impossible but it does – the explosion of flavours in each dish makes for an almost out-of-this-world experience. Upstairs is a stylish gay-friendly bar.Read More
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Frangipani’s detailed menu is vast and there are some very creative, fusion-style dishes that can only be described as unbeatable. The kitchen is headed by Chef Chris Bauer and food is delivered by a smartly wait team.
Pre-dinner drinks are a must and the extensive wine list (predominantly French) is hand picked by the owners so quality is certain. Anything and everything on the menu is a must and bursting with flavour. However, start off with fresh tiger prawn ceviche with avocado cream and dried tomato reduction – it will rock your world; later sample pan-roasted duck confit with mustard cream. Additionally, the warm tea smoked salmon and tender yet portion of grilled wagyu beef with braised red cabbage, mole sauce and pumpkin dauphines is too good to pass up.
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 19:30 – 22:30 dinner
- Address: 25 Changkat Bukit Bintang, 50200 Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2144 3001
You May Also Like