Kampachi is one of Kuala Lumpur’s best Japanese fine-dining restaurants. An sophisticated dining venue set within Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, it hosts a crowd every night – a testament to its superior food quality. Besides the good food, the pork-free Kampachi restaurant also deserves two thumbs up for its excellent service.
The Malaysian capital has no shortage of respectable Japanese restaurants and though the food here is pricey, it is well worth the slight dent in your wallet. The décor is done up with neutral colours and plenty of geometric order with natural elements like wood, aluminium and cement. The tatami room at the back is designed for those who prefer private fine-dining for both business and social dinners.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Signature Dishes in Kampachi Restaurant
From tasty fresh sushi and teppanyaki to maki and crispy tempura, Kampachi’s extensive menu has all the classics, arranged in logical order. If you only order one thing, make it the signature sashimi: it is arguably the best in the city. The super fresh fish is flown in from the famous Tsukji market in Tokyo.
Those who prefer sushi will be glad to know that there is a healthy selection; the nigri sushi special is reasonably priced in comparison to other Japanese restaurants. What’s more, the sushi dishes here do not skimp on the raw fish – indeed, the rice wrapping for certain dishes are practically eclipsed by the main attractions.
Other Menu Items in Kampachi
The tempura is another must-try dish – the crunchy batter is neither too thick nor too thin; other must-try dishes include soft shell crab, raw fish and hot stone fried rice. Complete your meal with Kampachi’s range of sake, sochu, mocktails and international wines.
Kampachi Restaurant Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: Monday - Thursday & Sunday 11:00 - 21:30, Friday & Saturday 11:00 - 22:00
- Address: Level 6, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, Jalan Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2148 9608