Restoran Koon Kee in Kuala Lumpur
Chinatown Restaurants & Dining0
Restoran Koon Kee is one of the best places in the city to sample wan tan mee. A Cantonese dish popular in Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Singapore, it comprises noodles sautéed in sweetened black sauce and is traditionally served with toppings such as char siew (barbecued pork slices) or chicken slices.
The shop is over 50 years old and is located opposite Hong Leong Bank along Petaling Street. Locals are especially partial to the noodles served here as their texture is springy and flavoursome – the perfect combination for wan tan mee. Another uncommon garnishing for the noodles is braised chicken feet with mushrooms.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Wan Tan Mee
Though the char siew is not the best as there are other restaurants that serve more flavourful versions of the barbecued pork slices, the wan tan (pork and shrimp dumplings) soup is really good. The plump dumplings are generously filled with minced meat, prawns, white cabbage and diced Chinese mushrooms. Overall Restoran Koon Kee lives up to its reputation.
Restoran Koon Kee
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: Jalan Hang Lekir
You May Also Like