Restoran Koon Kee in Kuala Lumpur
Chinatown Restaurants & Dining
Restoran Koon Kee is one of the best places in the city to sample wan tan mee. A Cantonese dish popular in Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Singapore, it comprises noodles sautéed in sweetened black sauce and is traditionally served with toppings such as char siew (barbecued pork slices) or chicken slices.
The shop is over 50 years old and is located opposite Hong Leong Bank along Petaling Street. Locals are especially partial to the noodles served here as their texture is springy and flavoursome – the perfect combination for wan tan mee. Another uncommon garnishing for the noodles is braised chicken feet with mushrooms.
- KL Hop On Hop Off Ticket (24 Hours)
- Half Day Batu Caves Experience
- Half Day Kuala Lumpur City Tour
- Kuala Lumpur Full Day Tour
- Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary
- Kuala Selangor Fireflies Tour
- Genting Highlands Experience - With Indoor Theme Park Ticket
- Full Day Malacca Excursion
- KL Tower Night Tour
- Cultural Night Tour with Show and Dinner
Wan Tan Mee
Though the char siew is not the best as there are other restaurants that serve more flavourful versions of the barbecued pork slices, the wan tan (pork and shrimp dumplings) soup is really good. The plump dumplings are generously filled with minced meat, prawns, white cabbage and diced Chinese mushrooms. Overall Restoran Koon Kee lives up to its reputation.
Restoran Koon Kee
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: Jalan Hang Lekir