Restoran Sri Nirwana Maju is a highly recommended, air-conditioned Indian banana leaf restaurant. Located opposite Bangsar Village 2, along the upmarket Jalan Telawi stretch, it is a halal establishment that also offers thosai, puree, and roti canai.
Located amongst some of Bangsar’s higher-end establishments, it is a simple and humble setup with an interior featuring comfortable chairs and tables, hanging artificial flowers and warm, yellow lighting. Though service is not stellar and parking can be difficult (especially on weekends), the reasonably priced and tasty food makes a trip here well worth the effort.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
A typical banana leaf meal consists of white rice served on a yele sapede (banana leaf) with an assortment of three vegetables, pickles, a selection of curry dishes such as meen kari (fish curry), koli kari (chicken curry), dhal (boiled lentils) and papadum (Indian crackers). Accompanying dishes for the banana leaf rice include lamb, fish, chicken and beef dishes; the chicken masala and deep-fried squid is especially good here.
Restoran Sri Nirwana Maju
- Opening Hours: Daily 10:00 – 01:30
- Address: 43 Jalan Telawi 3, Bangsar, 59100 Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2287 8445