Restoran Hung Kee in Kuala Lumpur
Chinatown Restaurants & Dining0
Restoran Hung Kee first started out in the mid-60s serving wan tan mee (Hokkien noodles in black soya sauce with dumplings). Over the years it has expanded to include two shop lots along Jalan Loke Yew in KL (near the pedestrian bridge): the first shop lot is air conditioned while the second is not.
The restaurant gets rather busy, especially at lunchtime, so arrive early to snag a table in the air con section. Parking in the area can be difficult but as with most local fare in the city, you cannot find great, authentic cuisine in KL without some minor difficulties. Most people park their cars in the side streets and walk the short distance to the shop.Read More
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Side Dishes in Restoran Hung Kee
Restoran Hung Kee specializes in wan tan mee but there are a variety of side dishes available as well. A must-try dish is the mushrooms and chicken feet: the mushrooms are plump and juicy and the chicken feet flavourful. There is also siew yoke (crispy roast pork) on the menu but though the meat is tender and salty, the skin is not so crispy, making it fall short of expectations.
The main event at Restoran Hung Kee is the wan tan mee: the noodles are springy and savoury and mix very well with the black soya sauce. The noodles are topped off with either char siew (barbecued pork slices) or chicken slices; one serving of the char siew will certainly not be enough so maybe order a separate plate. Each plate of noodles is accompanied by a large bowl of wan tan soup (dumpling soup): the filling for the dumplings is tender and juicy and the broth is delicious.
Restoran Hung Kee
- Opening Hours: 07:00 – 22:00
- Address: 28-5 and 28-6 Jalan Loke Yew, Pudu, Kuala Lumpur
You May Also LikeRate This Place: ( votes)