Restoran Sate Kajang Haji Samuri in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur Restaurants & Dining
Restoran Sate Kajang Haji Samuri is the best place to try Malay-style, halal satay. Business is brisk, with some 1,000 sticks going on the charcoal burner every night. It is reminiscent of a fast-food chain and you pay by the stick – one skewer is usually less than RM1.
For those not in the know, satay is basically large pieces of tender and succulent barbecued meat on skewers, marinated in 13 herbs and spices, and has a sweet tinge; the dish is accompanied with a rich, mildly-piquant peanut sauce. As satay is such a popular dish in Malaysia, there are many hawkers out there billing themselves as the best in this hyper-competitive market.
- KL Hop On Hop Off Ticket (24 Hours)
- Half Day Batu Caves Experience
- Half Day Kuala Lumpur City Tour
- Kuala Lumpur Full Day Tour
- Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary
- Kuala Selangor Fireflies Tour
- Genting Highlands Experience - With Indoor Theme Park Ticket
- Full Day Malacca Excursion
- KL Tower Night Tour
- Cultural Night Tour with Show and Dinner
Restoran Sate Kajang Haji Samuri has been around for a while now, and the satay here really is the best, from the satay capital (Kajang) of the country. The secret of the delicious satay at this restaurant is that the meat is marinated so well that it simply bursts with flavours. On the menu are three types of meats: chicken and beef are the most popular although rabbit is available (no pork!).
Besides the sticky skewers of marinated meat, there is also perut (stomach – a Malay delicacy), bee hoon bandung and nasi goreng kampung (fried rice with anchovies and chicken). Also on the menu is ketupat (compressed rice in woven coconut leaves).
It is no wonder that Restoran Sate Kajang Haji Samuri has won the hearts of many – besides the chunky pieces of juicy meat, the accompanying peanut sauce is simply out of this world. At some restaurants the sauce, thickened with crushed peanuts, is so fiery that while locals enjoy it immensely, foreigners miss out on one of the best things about satay.
At Restoran Sate Kajang Haji Samuri, Western visitors will be glad to know that spiciness is not a factor as the chilli sauce is served separate from the peanut gravy. Visitors can mix the two to achieve their preferred spiciness level – the result is a smooth and nutty sauce perfect for all.
Restoran Sate Kajang Haji Samuri
- Opening Hours: 10:30 – 24:30 Monday – Thursday; 16:00 – 01:00 Friday; 10:30 – 01:00 Saturday & Sunday
- Address: Restoran Sate Kajang Hj. Samuri, Lot 1,2 & 3 Tingkat Bawah & Tingkat 1, Bangunan Dato’ Nazir, Jalan Kelab, 43000 Kajang