Restoran Sate Kajang Haji Samuri in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur Restaurants & Dining0
Restoran Sate Kajang Haji Samuri is the best place to try Malay-style, halal satay. Business is brisk, with some 1,000 sticks going on the charcoal burner every night. It is reminiscent of a fast-food chain and you pay by the stick – one skewer is usually less than RM1.
For those not in the know, satay is basically large pieces of tender and succulent barbecued meat on skewers, marinated in 13 herbs and spices, and has a sweet tinge; the dish is accompanied with a rich, mildly-piquant peanut sauce. As satay is such a popular dish in Malaysia, there are many hawkers out there billing themselves as the best in this hyper-competitive market.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Restoran Sate Kajang Haji Samuri has been around for a while now, and the satay here really is the best, from the satay capital (Kajang) of the country. The secret of the delicious satay at this restaurant is that the meat is marinated so well that it simply bursts with flavours. On the menu are three types of meats: chicken and beef are the most popular although rabbit is available (no pork!).
Besides the sticky skewers of marinated meat, there is also perut (stomach – a Malay delicacy), bee hoon bandung and nasi goreng kampung (fried rice with anchovies and chicken). Also on the menu is ketupat (compressed rice in woven coconut leaves).
It is no wonder that Restoran Sate Kajang Haji Samuri has won the hearts of many – besides the chunky pieces of juicy meat, the accompanying peanut sauce is simply out of this world. At some restaurants the sauce, thickened with crushed peanuts, is so fiery that while locals enjoy it immensely, foreigners miss out on one of the best things about satay.
At Restoran Sate Kajang Haji Samuri, Western visitors will be glad to know that spiciness is not a factor as the chilli sauce is served separate from the peanut gravy. Visitors can mix the two to achieve their preferred spiciness level – the result is a smooth and nutty sauce perfect for all.
Restoran Sate Kajang Haji Samuri
- Opening Hours: 10:30 – 24:30 Monday – Thursday; 16:00 – 01:00 Friday; 10:30 – 01:00 Saturday & Sunday
- Address: Restoran Sate Kajang Hj. Samuri, Lot 1,2 & 3 Tingkat Bawah & Tingkat 1, Bangunan Dato’ Nazir, Jalan Kelab, 43000 Kajang
You May Also Like