The Lobsterman is one of the few restaurants in KL that specialises in lobsters. Set in the quiet residential SS2 area, it is a cosy restaurant that is really popular for its inexpensive set lunches. It may not feature fine dining frills but meals here qualify as delicious and affordable feasts.
The Lobsterman restaurant was founded by Hong Kong native, Bruce Ma, who has more than ten years of experience as a chef. Comfortable and casual, the interior of The Lobsterman restaurant is thoroughly unpretentious with stone and wood furnishings and fixtures contrasting beautifully with a vivid green ceiling. A large tank filled with live lobsters of various sizes lines the wall at the far end of the dining area.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
The Menu of The Lobsterman
The Lobsterman restaurant is just a short walk away from SSTWO Mall. The menu does not just feature crustaceans prepared in a variety of styles and accompanying salads, soups, pasta and rice; besides the king of seafood, western specialties such as steak, lamb shank and more are also on the menu.
There are three sizes of lobster (RM88 for 550g, RM103 for 700g and RM113 for 800g): once you have chosen a size, the lobster is prepared in one of 15 ways. A whole lobster can be prepared one way, or you can have it split in half to try two different styles of preparation. A really big lobster can be quartered and cooked in four different styles.
Start off your meal at The Lobsterman restaurant with escargots and fresh oysters: baked with cheese and mushrooms and sitting on a bed of mashed potatoes, this is an oh-so-worthwhile dish.
Regular patrons recommend the Western-style lobster thermidor (sautéed with a white wine sauce then baked with cheese), and the Chinese-style lobster, sectioned and cooked with garlic and spring onions, and accompanied by yee mee.
The Lobsterman Restaurant
- Opening Hours: 11:30 – 14:30 lunch; 17:30 – 22:30 dinner
- Address: No. 53, Jalan SS 2/30, 47300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
- Tel: +603 7877 6772