Village Park Restaurant is a nasi lemak powerhouse in Damansara Utama. Operated by a Chinese-Muslim husband and wife team, locals will tell you that this is where they come for their nasi lemak fix; be prepared for a big lunch crowd if you arrive after 12:30. There is also nasi dagang and noodles offered.
The yellow-hued rice, cooked with margarine, coconut milk and ginger, is fluffy in texture and the rich flavour strikes a good balance with the tender and flavourful spicy rendang chicken and ikan bilis sambal (anchovies chilli paste).
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Private Grand City Overview with Lunch
The nasi lemak at Village Park Restaurant goes well on its own but if you are one of those people who need various side accompaniments with your usual condiments of rice, sambal, cucumber and egg, then try rendang ayam (chicken), or ayam goreng (fried chicken).
Arrive early for the full spread, including mutton, ikan goreng (fried fish), sambal udang (prawns) and more; the sambal sotong is a crowd favourite: the cuttlefish is chewy without being rubbery. The sambal is noteworthy because while it is hot, it does not numb the taste buds or overwhelm the flavour of the fragrant rice – it is a nice change to be able to savour the dish without burning your tongue.
The restaurant has received lots of positive feedback from its customers and service is speedy.
Village Park Restaurant
- Opening Hours: 07:00 – 20:00 Monday – Saturday; 07:00 – 18:00 Sunday
- Address: 5, Jalan SS21/37, Damansara Utama
- Tel: +603 7710 7860