Village Park Restaurant in Kuala Lumpur
Petaling Jaya Restaurants & Dining
Village Park Restaurant is a nasi lemak powerhouse in Damansara Utama. Operated by a Chinese-Muslim husband and wife team, locals will tell you that this is where they come for their nasi lemak fix; be prepared for a big lunch crowd if you arrive after 12:30. There is also nasi dagang and noodles offered.
The yellow-hued rice, cooked with margarine, coconut milk and ginger, is fluffy in texture and the rich flavour strikes a good balance with the tender and flavourful spicy rendang chicken and ikan bilis sambal (anchovies chilli paste).
The nasi lemak at Village Park Restaurant goes well on its own but if you are one of those people who need various side accompaniments with your usual condiments of rice, sambal, cucumber and egg, then try rendang ayam (chicken), or ayam goreng (fried chicken).
Arrive early for the full spread, including mutton, ikan goreng (fried fish), sambal udang (prawns) and more; the sambal sotong is a crowd favourite: the cuttlefish is chewy without being rubbery. The sambal is noteworthy because while it is hot, it does not numb the taste buds or overwhelm the flavour of the fragrant rice – it is a nice change to be able to savour the dish without burning your tongue.
The restaurant has received lots of positive feedback from its customers and service is speedy.
Village Park Restaurant
- Opening Hours: 07:00 – 20:00 Monday – Saturday; 07:00 – 18:00 Sunday
- Address: 5, Jalan SS21/37, Damansara Utama
- Tel: +603 7710 7860
- KL Hop On Hop Off Ticket (24 Hours)
- Half Day Batu Caves Experience
- Kuala Lumpur Full Day Tour
- Half Day Kuala Lumpur City Tour
- Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary
- Kuala Selangor Fireflies Tour
- Genting Highlands Experience - With Indoor Theme Park Ticket
- Full Day Malacca Excursion
- KL Tower Night Tour
- Cultural Night Tour with Show and Dinner