What to Do in Chinatown
Believe it or not, there are more to Chinatown than hunting for bargains and shopping ‘til you drop. The area is filled with reflexology and massage parlours – you can find one in each corner – ready to soothe your aches away. Alternatively, you can simply take a walk around - preferably with a camera in hand - taking in the sights, sounds and smells of Kuala Lumpur at its most raw.
Foot Massage & Reflexology
Reflexology is an ancient Chinese practice that has been known to provide numerous health benefits to the whole body just by massaging certain pressure points on the soles of the feet. Chinatown is practically littered with foot massage parlours and foot reflexology centres. There is one in every corner, claiming to be the best in town. They’re not only strategically placed, but also reasonably priced as well, making it convenient for visitors to just drop in for a much-needed pampering for their tired feet after a long day hunting for bargains.
Reborn Foot Reflexology
- Opening Hours: Daily, 11:00 – 01:00
- Location: Next to King’s Confectionary & Swiss-Inn Hotel
- Address: 46 Jalan Sultan
- Tel: (603) 2070 9388
Relax & Health Foot Reflexology
- Opening Hours: Daily, 12:00 - Late
- Location: Along Petaling Street, right next to Restoran Chinatown Pavillion (near the entrance of the Jalan Sultan side)
Xtreme Foot Massage
- Opening Hours: Daily, 11:00 – Late
- Location: Along Petaling Street, right next to Relax & Health Foot Reflexology & Restoran Chinatown Food Centre (near the entrance of the Jalan Sultan side).
Taking a Stroll
Walking around Chinatown is an experience on its own. It would be worthwhile – especially for those new in town - to take the whole day just exploring the depths of this lively district. Discover the sights, sounds and smells of Kuala Lumpur in its most raw form – unbridled and unpretentious - as you wander around aimlessly. It may come as no surprise, too, that Chinatown is also one of photojournalists’ and amateur photographers’ favourite haunts, as its colourful character and bustling scenes make for very interesting subjects, so make sure you bring your camera along, too. Aside from a few great bargains, you will also score yourself some unforgettable experience to take home. Just remember to take good care of your belongings and be aware of your safety when traipsing these routes.
Routes to take: Along Jalan Petaling (Petaling Street), Jalan Hang Lekir, Jalan Hang Jebat, Jalan Sultan and Jalan Tun H.S. Lee (don’t forget the alleyways and backlanes, too).
- KL Hop On Hop Off Ticket (24 Hours)
- Half Day Batu Caves Experience
- Half Day Kuala Lumpur City Tour
- Kuala Lumpur Full Day Tour
- Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary
- Kuala Selangor Fireflies Tour
- Genting Highlands Experience - With Indoor Theme Park Ticket
- Full Day Malacca Excursion
- KL Tower Night Tour
- Cultural Night Tour with Show and Dinner
Best Selling Hotels in Chinatown