Jalan Bukit Bintang Nightlife
What to Do at Night in Jalan Bukit Bintang
The choice of nightlife in Jalan Bukit Bintang is endless. After-dark entertainment is what this famous street does best, hosting unique themed nights, games, live bands, as well as the latest sports matches. Most of the restaurants lining the street are equipped with a well-stocked bar that comes into full swing from 21:00 onwards, while the expansive Pavilion KL and Lot 10 shopping centres play host to a fair share of trendy gastro-pubs, bistros, award-winning cocktail lounges, karaoke centres, and rooftop nightclubs.
Catering to a diverse clientele, it’s not surprising to hear a mix of Latin American, house, trance, funk, hip-hop, electro dance, techno, and R&B tunes when you’re out exploring the ever-bustling Jalan Bukit Bintang nightlife scene. These nocturnal establishments are also well-frequented by young and trendy locals, international travellers, and expats due to their excellent food offerings, extensive drinks list, friendly service, and energetic ambience.Read More
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
More Nightlife in Jalan Bukit Bintang
A hidden speakeasy bar in Bukit Bintang, Barlai KL serves up a good selection of well-loved local beverages with an alcoholic twist. Occupying a depilated two-storey heritage building, the rustic venue features vintage glass windows, hanging filament bulbs, and rusty road signs adorning its exposed brick walls. Housing ample wooden picnic tables and benches, the atmosphere here is subdued yet welcoming, making a nice alternative to Bukit Bintang’s overcrowded bars and pubs. Definite must-tries are the Milo Kaw (Milo cocoa powder, Irish whiskey, and hazelnut liquour) and Siam Mojito (rum, calamansi, kaffir lime leaves, and mint) cocktails, as well as the signature Barlai Pina Colada which is a classic concoction Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday – Thursday 16:00 - 00:00, Friday 16:00 – 02:00, Saturday & Sunday 11:00 – 00:00
- Address: 3, Jalan Sin Chew Kee, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2141 7850
Captain’s Cabin Funtheque
Located above The Ship restaurant, Captain’s Cabin Funtheque is a popular nightspot amongst avid clubbers. Spacious, bright and lively, this club provides quality live performances with plenty of seating areas from where patrons can watch them. With themed nights, games and a different set of tunes played every hour, Funtheque promises a good time and never disappoints.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 19:00 – 03:00
- Address: 102 & 104, 1st Floor, Jalan Bukit Bintang
- Tel: (603) 2144 3892
Circus is an award-winning restaurant and cocktail lounge in Pavilion KL. By day it is a modern casual eatery with a menu of international food, at night it transforms into a club with live bands on Wednesdays and Fridays. Winner of numerous awards at The Malaysia International Gourmet Festival in 2012, Circus is far from an everyday watering hole. It receives rave reviews not only for its excellent food, extensive drinks list and good service, but also for the fact that it is the type of place to see and be seen at. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 02:00 Sunday – Thursday; 10:00 – 03:00 Saturday
- Address: Lot C3.10.01b, Level 3, Fashion Avenue, Pavilion, 168, Jalan Bukit Bintang, KL
- Tel: +603 2141 6151
Clique Lounge Bar
Located on the ground floor of Piccolo Hotel, Clique Lounge Bar provides a highly stylish chill-out space with its plush crimson interior and cosy ambience. A long bar runs through the middle, separating the lounge into two areas – a casual dining area where patrons can enjoy live telecasts of their favourite sports games on television, and a formal dining area perfect for romantic wining and dining.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 19:00 – Late.
- Address: Ground Floor, Piccolo Hotel, 101 Jalan Bukit Bintang.
- Tel: (603) 2382 0111
La Boca Bar in Pavilion KL serves up a diverse range of Latin American delicacies, classic and unique cocktails, as well as imported wines in a colourful and lively setting. Known as an authentic Latino bar and restaurant thanks to its mouth-watering empanadas, Argentinean folded pizza, tortillas, ceviche, and Alfajores cookies, La Boca Bar is also a great venue to catch live Latin musical performance, tango and salsa dancing, and resident DJs spinning energetic Latin beats all night long. Drinks-wise, you can find the usual array of cocktails such as classic Mojito, Pina Colada, and Pisco Sour, a selection of Spanish beers, and some of the finest wines from South Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday – Thursday & Sunday 09:00 – 01:00, Friday - Saturday 09:00 – 03:00
- Address: Lot C3.10.03, Level 3, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2148 9977
Pulse Ultra Club
With an all-in-one entertainment venue concept at its core, Pulse Ultra Club is the hottest new nightspot in town. Featuring a large balcony overlooking Bintang Walk and a bar cum lounge area with deejays and live bands, the nightclub is a favourite haunt of the young and the trendy. Its elegant Champagne Lounge offers an intimate space for private gatherings.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 21:00 – 03:00
- Address: Grand Millennium Hotel, 106 Jalan Bukit Bintang.
- Tel: (603) 2117 4168
Opulence – thy name is Rootz Rooftop Bar. A nightclub that is devoted to the idea of debonair drinking, this nightclub (topping Lot 10 mall) is a lavishly-conceived version of a Russian palace bar. No, you won’t find a bust of Lenin or Soviet propaganda posters – instead it is more like a Tsar’s palace with velvet drapes, thick carpeting and gold-gilded paintings of early 19th century Renaissance revival on the walls. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 22:00 – 03:00 Wednesday - Saturday
- Address: Rooftop, Lot 10 Shopping Centre, Lot RT3, No.50 Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +6017 638 2250 or +6012 296 1903
An energetic, contemporary bar and diner along Pavilion KL’s al-fresco drinking and dining stretch, Tom, Dick & Harry’s Live is a live music venue continually cherry-picking and hosting some of the most exciting and eclectic live bands from around the city. Brought to you by the team behind Tom, Dick & Harry’s in Scott Garden (along Jalan Klang Lama) and Taman Tun Dr Ismail, Tom, Dick & Harry’s Live features the same warm decor, great menu and friendly service as its original counterparts – the only real difference is its daily rotating roster of funky live bands and a wonderful sound system. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 16:00 – 01:00 Monday – Friday; 10:00 – 02:00 Saturday & Sunday
- Address: Lot C3.10.04, Level 3, Pavilion, No. 168, Jalan Bukit Bintang, KL.
- Tel: +603 2148 0122