Jalan Sultan Ismail Nightlife
What to Do at Night in Jalan Sultan Ismail
Once the main clubbing district of Kuala Lumpur, nightlife in Jalan Sultan Ismail is now limited to a handful of nocturnal hangout spots, serving as a starting point for those wishing to explore Kuala Lumpur’s nocturnal offerings. Located a short, five-minute stroll from the Raja Chulan Monorail Station, this street is lined with classy restaurants and cafes, as well as five-star luxury hotels such as ParkRoyal Kuala Lumpur, Sheraton Imperial Hotel, and Shangri-La Hotel.
Despite rising competition from more happening locales such as Changkat Bukit Bintang and Bangsar, there are still plenty of exciting activities and sights one can enjoy in Jalan Sultan Ismail’s nightlife scene. Kick-start your night out in KL by enjoying breathtaking sunset views of Kuala Lumpur city with a glass (or two) of wine or cocktail at a stylish rooftop bar before making your way to the iconic Hard Rock Cafe KL for ice-cold beers and a good dose of classic American rock tunes.
- KL Hop On Hop Off Ticket (24 Hours)
- Half Day Batu Caves Experience
- Half Day Kuala Lumpur City Tour
- Kuala Lumpur Full Day Tour
- Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary
- Kuala Selangor Fireflies Tour
- Genting Highlands Experience - With Indoor Theme Park Ticket
- Full Day Malacca Excursion
- KL Tower Night Tour
- Cultural Night Tour with Show and Dinner
More Nightlife in Jalan Sultan Ismail
Atmosphere & Barfly at TwelveSi
Within TwelveSi are two of the city’s most happening party venues: Atmosphere and Barfly. True to its name, the former is one huge boom box with thumping music where many large-scale events are being held regularly, while the latter caters more to the younger crowd with five plasma television, three pool tables and one foosball.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 22:00 – 02:00
- Address: 12 Jalan Sultan Ismail
- Tel: (603) 2145 9198
Formerly known as Emporium, Espanda raises the temperature with hot Latin numbers. Featuring House Party every Friday and Saturday night, it is also a restaurant and a bar lounge.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 18:00 – 03:00
- Address: 97 Jalan Sultan Ismail
- Tel: (603) 2142 6666
Housed in an eye-catching bright-green-and-yellow heritage bungalow, Finnegan’s Irish-pub concept proves to be popular amongst tourists and expats. Aside from an extensive drinks menu, Finnegan’s also serves a wide range of pub grub, which includes roast beef, Gaelic steak, Irish stew and Dublin coddle.
- Opening Hours: Daily 12:00 – 02:00
- Address: 51 Jalan Sultan Ismail
- Tel: (603) 2145 1930
Hakka Republic is a cocktail lounge set on the second floor of Menara Hap Seng along Jalan P Ramlee. Its interior design is inspired by the glitz and glamour of the 1950s (we especially like the private rooms), with lots of spots that are perfect for quiet conversation with a date while you listen to the silky sounds of a live jazz band that plays from Thursday to Sunday nights. The overall experience at Hakka Republic is warm, sultry and inviting – staff members are friendly, efficient and will go the extra mile to keep you happy. The restaurant’s layout is spacious to say the least, with the theatrical-looking bar taking up centre stage and dividing the bar and restaurant areas. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – 15:00 & 17:00 – 01:00 weekdays; 17:00 – 01:00 Saturday; 11:30 – 15:30 & 17:00 – 01:00 Sunday
- Address: Lot 2.05, Level 2, Menara Hap Seng, Jalan P Ramlee, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2078 9908
Hard Rock Café KL is a legend on KL’s nightlife scene that opened its doors more than 21 years ago. Sitting along Jalan Sultan Ismail (right beside Concorde Hotel), it is a great place to go if you have a hankering for a burger and fries, or if you just need a good dose of classic American rock vibe. The atmosphere is vibrant, with Top 40 hits. There is a stage for live performances, usually reserved for local bands, but there are some international acts that play once in a while. Previous superstar performers who have played at Hard Rock Café KL include the Grammy award-winning hip hop band, Arrested Development and 80s English pop duo, Go West. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:30 – 02:00 Sunday – Thursday; 11:30 – 03:00 Friday & Saturday
- Address: Ground Floor, Wisma Concorde, No 2, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2715 5555
There are plenty of things that wow us when it comes to Heli Lounge Bar. First, there is the concept – a helicopter pad turned nightlife hotspot is definitely one of the coolest things we have seen or heard of in Kuala Lumpur in recent times. Secondly, there is the theme, with everything in the lounge aeronautically-oriented, like a booth made from the converted side panel of a Boeing 737 and a Boeing-747 turbine turned into a DJ console. Lastly, Heli Lounge Bar’s little-known status will make you feel like you are part of the super elite when you visit. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 24:00 Monday – Wednesday; 18:00 – 02:00 Thursday; 18:00 – 03:00 Friday & Saturday
- Address: 34th Floor, Menara KH, Jalan Sultan Ismail, KL
- Tel: +603 2110 5034 or +6012 317 0925
Luna Bar is a two-storey rooftop bar on the 34th floor of Pacific Regency Suites. One of the city’s best-known nightclubs, it offers 360° views of the city, including fantastic vistas of the Petronas Twin Towers. The place is divided into an al fresco lounge with a swimming pool and long bar on the lower level, while the top deck is a trendy indoor restaurant that overlooks the pool. Just like Sky Bar at Traders Hotel KL, there is no overplayed theme here: the lower level has simple dark wood rattan chairs and chaise longues with white cushions that surround the pool. Meanwhile, the top deck has polished concrete floors that pair up well with modern red-and-white sofas, standing tables by the bar and warm lighting that creates a sophisticated mood. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:00 – 01:00 Monday; 17:00 – 03:00 Tuesday – Friday; 10:00 – 03:00 Saturday; 10:00 – 01:00 Sunday -
- Address: Pacific Regency Hotel Apartments, Menara Pan Global, Jalan Punchak, off Jalan P Ramlee, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2332 7777
Featuring two nightspots in one building, Nouvo is split into the Nouvo nightclub upstairs and the Sangria bar downstairs. Playing a good selection of house music from trance to techno, it is also the venue of choice for touring world-class deejays to perform their sets.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 21:00 – 02:00
- Location: At the corner of Jalan Sultan Ismail & Jalan P. Ramlee
- Address: 16 Jalan Sultan Ismail
- Tel: (603) 2170 6666
Featuring a Caribbean theme with a thatched Tiki bar and tropical décor, Ruums has four different rooms to party your heart out, each with a different theme and a different set of music from retro to trance and from rock to R & B. There’s also a space-age party lounge, a VIP area and a VVIP area.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 17:00 - Late
- Address: 1st & 2nd Floor, Bangunan Life Centre, Jalan Sultan Ismail.
- Tel: (603) 2162 8163
Best Selling Hotels in KLCC