Jalan Sultan Ismail Nightlife
What to Do at Night in Jalan Sultan Ismail
Once the main clubbing district of Kuala Lumpur, nightlife in Jalan Sultan Ismail is now limited to a handful of nocturnal hangout spots, serving as a starting point for those wishing to explore Kuala Lumpur’s nocturnal offerings. Located a short, five-minute stroll from the Raja Chulan Monorail Station, this street is lined with classy restaurants and cafes, as well as five-star luxury hotels such as ParkRoyal Kuala Lumpur, Sheraton Imperial Hotel, and Shangri-La Hotel.
Despite rising competition from more happening locales such as Changkat Bukit Bintang and Bangsar, there are still plenty of exciting activities and sights one can enjoy in Jalan Sultan Ismail’s nightlife scene. Kick-start your night out in KL by enjoying breathtaking sunset views of Kuala Lumpur city with a glass (or two) of wine or cocktail at a stylish rooftop bar before making your way to the iconic Hard Rock Cafe KL for ice-cold beers and a good dose of classic American rock tunes.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
More Nightlife in Jalan Sultan Ismail
Elysium Bar & Terrace KL is a trendy rooftop nightclub in Kuala Lumpur city centre, offering three unique nightlife venues under one roof. Conveniently located along Jalan Raja Chulan, it is a mere four-minute walk from the Raja Chulan monorail station.
The establishment is set on the 32nd floor of Wisma Goldhill, where its open-air concept and close proximity to some of Kuala Lumpur’s most iconic landmarks results in stunning views of Petronas Twin Towers and Menara KL Tower. Taking inspiration from Greek mythology, the rooftop club is divided into three spaces, namely Elysium, Sicily, and Olympia. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday 17:00 – 01:00, Wednesday – Saturday 17:00 – 03:00, Sunday 17:00 – 01:00
- Address: Suite 32.01, Level 32 Wisma Goldhill, Jalan Raja Chulan
- Tel: +603 2022 3818
Formerly known as Emporium, Espanda raises the temperature with hot Latin numbers. Featuring House Party every Friday and Saturday night, it is also a restaurant and a bar lounge.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 18:00 – 03:00
- Address: 97 Jalan Sultan Ismail
- Tel: (603) 2142 6666
Housed in an eye-catching bright-green-and-yellow heritage bungalow, Finnegan’s Irish-pub concept proves to be popular amongst tourists and expats. Aside from an extensive drinks menu, Finnegan’s also serves a wide range of pub grub, which includes roast beef, Gaelic steak, Irish stew and Dublin coddle.
- Opening Hours: Daily 12:00 – 02:00
- Address: 51 Jalan Sultan Ismail
- Tel: (603) 2145 1930
Hard Rock Café KL is a legend on KL’s nightlife scene that opened its doors more than 21 years ago. Sitting along Jalan Sultan Ismail (right beside Concorde Hotel), it is a great place to go if you have a hankering for a burger and fries, or if you just need a good dose of classic American rock vibe. The atmosphere is vibrant, with Top 40 hits. There is a stage for live performances, usually reserved for local bands, but there are some international acts that play once in a while. Previous superstar performers who have played at Hard Rock Café KL include the Grammy award-winning hip hop band, Arrested Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:30 – 02:00 Sunday – Thursday; 11:30 – 03:00 Friday & Saturday
- Address: Ground Floor, Wisma Concorde, No 2, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2715 5555
There are plenty of things that wow us when it comes to Heli Lounge Bar. First, there is the concept – a helicopter pad turned nightlife hotspot is definitely one of the coolest things we have seen or heard of in Kuala Lumpur in recent times. Secondly, there is the theme, with everything in the lounge aeronautically-oriented, like a booth made from the converted side panel of a Boeing 737 and a Boeing-747 turbine turned into a DJ console. Lastly, Heli Lounge Bar’s little-known status will make you feel like you are part of the super elite when you visit. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 24:00 Monday – Wednesday; 18:00 – 02:00 Thursday; 18:00 – 03:00 Friday & Saturday
- Address: 34th Floor, Menara KH, Jalan Sultan Ismail, KL
- Tel: +603 2110 5034 or +6012 317 0925
Hemisphere Restaurant & Bar is an all-day rooftop venue on Jalan Sultan Ismail, serving quality western and European fare paired with an extensive drinks list. Set on the 37th floor of Regalia Residence in Kuala Lumpur, the restaurant’s laidback setting makes it an ideal option for those looking to unwind with drinks after a day of exploring the city. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday – Thursday 11:00 – 01:00, Friday – Sunday 11:00 – 02:00
- Address: Level 37th, Madison Block, Regalia Residence, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2742 1098 or +603 2742 1097
Lafite Kuala Lumpur is very popular among the rich and famous, not only for its decadent French delicacies and excellent collection of wines, but for its exquisite fine-dining ambience that’s great for special occasions. As one of the better fine-dining establishments in the city centre, service here is excellent as the staff are attentive without being intrusive.
Set within the lobby level of Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur, the award-winning restaurant is the ideal place for an intimate dinner for two due to its winning combination of muted tones, warm lighting, modern furnishing, tranquil garden views, and soft instrumental music playing in the background. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday – Saturday 12:00 – 14:30 & 19:00 – 22:30
- Address: Lobby Level, Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2074 3900
Luna Bar is a two-storey rooftop bar on the 34th floor of Pacific Regency Suites. One of the city’s best-known nightclubs, it offers 360° views of the city, including fantastic vistas of the Petronas Twin Towers. The place is divided into an al fresco lounge with a swimming pool and long bar on the lower level, while the top deck is a trendy indoor restaurant that overlooks the pool. Just like Sky Bar at Traders Hotel KL, there is no overplayed theme here: the lower level has simple dark wood rattan chairs and chaise longues with white cushions that surround the pool. Meanwhile, the top deck has polished concrete floors Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:00 – 01:00 Monday; 17:00 – 03:00 Tuesday – Friday; 10:00 – 03:00 Saturday; 10:00 – 01:00 Sunday -
- Address: Pacific Regency Hotel Apartments, Menara Pan Global, Jalan Punchak, off Jalan P Ramlee, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2332 7777
Featuring a Caribbean theme with a thatched Tiki bar and tropical décor, Ruums has four different rooms to party your heart out, each with a different theme and a different set of music from retro to trance and from rock to R & B. There’s also a space-age party lounge, a VIP area and a VVIP area.
- Opening Hours: Daily, 17:00 - Late
- Address: 1st & 2nd Floor, Bangunan Life Centre, Jalan Sultan Ismail.
- Tel: (603) 2162 8163