Kuala Lumpur’s mallscape is vast. Large-scale shopping complexes are extremely popular and within the Golden Triangle area itself, there are at least seven of them. Located along Jalan Ampang, opposite the Kuala Lumpur City Centre, the six-storey Avenue K – one of the newest additions to the city’s mecca of mammoth malls – is an ultra-modern interpretation of the classic American mall. Rubbing shoulders with the well-located Suria KLCC (as well as the Petronas Twin Towers) has no doubt resulted in Avenue K’s popularity, but its fame is also due to the depth and quality of retail offerings it proffers that makes it so fashionable and appealing.
It may be a relatively new arrival, but this slick mall is certainly not shy – sporting a bold tagline, ‘Style has a new address’, the complex is a hip-yet-quiet locale that’s slowly filling up with exclusive designer boutiques such as Bottega Veneta, Calvin Klein, Gucci and Hugo Boss. Designed by Paris-based Christian Liaigre, visitors can also find a plethora of upmarket home décor stores and the swanky high-rise is complemented by a classy, city-living address – the ‘K Residence’.
Besides many fine-dining restaurants throughout the mall, there’s also a posh, Asian food court – designed by Yasumichi Morita – with towering columns, terrazzo flooring and plenty of natural lighting filtered through green-tinted glass.
Providing rail access via the Putra LRT line, Avenue K is connected to the KLCC LRT station – located above the mall – via its concourse level.
- Opening Hours: Open daily, 10:00 – 22:00
- Address: 156, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2168 7888
- KL Hop On Hop Off Ticket (24 Hours)
- Half Day Batu Caves Experience
- Kuala Lumpur Full Day Tour
- Half Day Kuala Lumpur City Tour
- Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary
- Kuala Selangor Fireflies Tour
- Genting Highlands Experience - With Indoor Theme Park Ticket
- Full Day Malacca Excursion
- KL Tower Night Tour
- Cultural Night Tour with Show and Dinner