Kasturi Walk in Kuala Lumpur
Kasturi Walk is a covered, open-air flea market set along Jalan Kasturi, a lane running alongside Central Market. Here, you’ll find local snacks and vendors selling fake label handbags, watches, T-shirts, flip flops and more as well as fruit stalls. It is similar to Petaling Street but not as crowded.
Right over the front entrance of the tiled walkway is a pewter wau bulan (a type of Malay kite) which looks like a butterfly. Although Kasturi Walk does not have the same extensive range of traders as Petaling Street the goods are reasonably priced plus its convenient location makes a trip here worthwhile. It was established in early 2011, so it all looks fairly new with clean kiosks and stalls.Read More
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Food stalls sell everything from Malay kuih and Chinese dim sum to Indian rojak and other local snacks. A popular spot with tourists, during special events Kasturi Walk organises cultural performances. Sometimes you can get even better bargains at Kasturi Walk than at Central Market.
To get there using the LRT, alight at the Pasir Seni station: from there it is only a few minutes walk to Kasturi Walk; the KTM Komuter also has a stop (Kuala Lumpur) nearby the market. Another easy way is to hop on a bus or taxi; nearby landmarks include Petaling Street, the Dayabumi Complex and National Mosque.
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Highlights: local snacks and vendors selling fake label handbags, watches, T-shirts, flip flops and more as well as fruit stalls. Read more: Kuala Lumpur Chinatown Shopping - Where to Shop and What to Buy in Chinatown http://www.kuala-lumpur.ws/klareas/chinatown_shopping.htm#ixzz1n5wHrQgM
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 21:30
- Location: Jalan Kasturi
You May Also Like