Mid Valley Megamall in Kuala Lumpur
Giving the shiny 1Utama complex a run for its money, the colossal Mid Valley Megamall is indeed a mega complex, known to locals as the best shopping centre halfway between the city centre and the Klang Valley. One of the country's largest urban development projects, the 4.5 million-sqft emporium is comprises a shopping mall, an office tower block, 30 signature offices and two hotels – the 646-rooom Cititel Midvalley and the 390-room Boulevard Hotel. The mall was awarded the Best Shopping Complex Award 2000 by Tourism Malaysia and Best Retail Development Award 2001 by FIABCI Malaysia.
Opened in November 1999, Mid Valley is home to over 430 stores spread across its five floors; its five anchor tenants include Carrefour, Jusco, Golden Screen Cinemas, Metrojaya and Harvey Norman.
In a separate building you’ll find the Gardens Mall, a more lavish environment that offers high-end international designer brands and brings Mid Valley into the luxury shopping emporium roster. Opened in 2007, it’s linked to Mid Valley Megamall via a bridge as well as an underground corridor; local designers are located on Level 2, at the 2201 Fashion Avenue and KN Key Ng; the Gardens is also home to a five-star hotel and luxury serviced apartments.
Mid Valley Megamall has a 48,300sqft convention centre, an 18-screen Golden Screen Cinema and a state-of-the-art bowling centre on the fifth floor. Additionally, there’s a One-Stop IT Centre for tech-savvy shoppers and a spacious MPH bookstore outlet – one of the largest in the city.
Situated beside the KL Komuter Mid Valley station, its fairly easy to get to the shopping centre; alternatively, there are several RapidKL buses – U66, U84, U85, U87 and T631 – that arrive at the mall’s North Court entrance.
Mid Valley Megamall
- Highlights: Zara, Mango, G2000, Topshop, California Fitness, Cinema, Sa Sa, Bonita, Elle, Voir, Seed, House of Leather, Travel Syle
- Opening Hours: Daily, 10:00 – 22:00
- Address: Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2938 3333
- KL Hop On Hop Off Ticket (24 Hours)
- Half Day Batu Caves Experience
- Kuala Lumpur Full Day Tour
- Half Day Kuala Lumpur City Tour
- Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary
- Kuala Selangor Fireflies Tour
- Genting Highlands Experience - With Indoor Theme Park Ticket
- Full Day Malacca Excursion
- KL Tower Night Tour
- Cultural Night Tour with Show and Dinner