When the sun sets in Kuala Lumpur, the city transforms into a colourful and vibrant hub with a bevy of watering holes that are packed with late night revellers and travellers craving lasers, liquor, and bass-heavy beats. While Kuala Lumpur’s nocturnal scene doesn’t quite hit the heights of, say, Ibiza or Rio de Janeiro, it still one of the best party spots in Asia.
For those who want to enjoy a raving good time in Kuala Lumpur complete with dance-worthy tunes and extensive alcoholic offerings, we have handpicked our favourite after-dark gems where you get to party all night long with the rich and famous, expats, trendsetters and hardcore clubbers. Read on and discover our 5 Best Clubs in Kuala Lumpur.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Zouk Kuala Lumpur, set along Jalan Tun Razak, encompasses six dynamically different themed rooms (namely Aristo & Rooftop Garden, Barsonic, Main Room, Phuture, Terrace Bar and Velvet Underground), and with frequent appearances from international heavyweights such as Above & Beyond and DJ Tiesto, it’s no wonder that Zouk is still a favourite among KL-lites even after nine years of existence. Tuesdays are ‘Ghetto Heaven’ nights featuring selections of only the best hip hop and R&B grooves, and Wednesdays are Mambo Jambo parties, taking you back to the 80s with hits from the era, so strut your best stuff and dance the night away! Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday – Tuesday 17:00 – 03:00, Wednesday & Thursday 17:00 – 04:00, Friday & Saturday 17:00 – 05:00, Sunday 17:00 – 03:00
- Address: 436, Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +6 03 2171 1997
Club Kyō at Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur is the hotel’s onsite nightclub, housing a spacious dance space with a minimalist industrial setting. Located in the basement level, its music policy ranges from house and techno to EDM and trance, making it one of the most popular clubs in Kuala Lumpur. Happy hours are between 17:00 and 24:00, when you can enjoy a complimentary drink for every two purchased, and one-on-one promos on house poured drinks. Entrance is free before 23:00, but the club has a RM40 cover charge (inclusive of one house poured drink) if you visit any later than that.
- Opening Hours: Wednesday – Sunday 21:00 – Late
- Location: Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2380 8888
Under9 Kuala Lumpur, a well-hidden underground house and techno club in Kuala Lumpur, is a good option for those looking to enjoy a night of dancing, but without the crowds of mainstream clubbers. Set within Bangunan Ming Annexe along Jalan Ampang, this compact club can accommodate about 130 people at a time, with local DJs spinning alternative tracks (such as psychedelic trance, techno, and house) on Friday and Saturday nights. Entrance is RM15 all night long, making it one of the most inexpensive nightclubs in the city centre.
- Opening Hours: Friday & Saturday 22:00 – Late
- Location: Bangunan Ming Annexe, 9, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur
Play Club at The Roof is a premium dance club that plays host to exciting all-night parties in Petaling Jaya, drawing in a steady mix of young local trendsetters looking to mix, mingle, see and be seen. This glitzy rooftop establishment has an industrial-themed interior with exposed overhead piping, colourful neon lights, and giant cages with dancers. With a music policy that consists of EDM, hip hop and trance tunes, it boasts a steady stream of international acts such as rapper Lil Jon and Grammy award winner Cedric Gervais. Ladies in groups of four get to enjoy a complimentary bottle of vodka while dancing the night away every Thursday. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Wednesday – Saturday 22:00 – 03:00
- Address: The Roof, 1 First Avenue, Bandar Utama, Petaling Jaya
- Tel: +6013 270 3111
Zion Club Kuala Lumpur is one of Changkat Bukit Bintang’s most stylish nightclub, featuring sleek designs, extensive music genres, and three stylish venues under one roof. The spacious two-storey nightlife occupies the now-closed Frangipani Restaurant & Bar, just a ten-minute walk from Bukit Bintang Monorail Station. Phabric is Zion Club Kuala Lumpur’s designated nightclub section, comprising a neon-lit dancefloor, futuristic-looking lounge areas, and an elevated DJ console that overlooks the dance floor. From Wednesday to Saturdays, clubbers can enjoy vibrant themed nights with the city’s prominent EDM and open format DJs such as H3, Lemm, Ladybird, and Tiger Ming. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday – Tuesday 17:00 – 03:00, Wednesday – Saturday 17:00 – 05:00, Sunday 17:00 – 03:00
- Address: 31, Jalan Changkat Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2072 6887
Elysium Bar & Terrace KL is a trendy rooftop nightlife spot in Kuala Lumpur city centre, offering two unique nightlife venues under one roof. Set on the 32nd floor of Wisma Goldhill, its open-air concept and close proximity to some of Kuala Lumpur’s most iconic landmarks results in stunning views of KL city and beyond. Patrons are served with an array of imported beers, wines, spirits, and signature cocktails while resident DJs spin a mix of deep house, funk, soul tunes. Aside from featuring some of KL’s top DJs, Elysium KL also hosts a great line-up of international acts such as DJ Ctoo (Brunei) and Alex Martin (Almeria). Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday 17:00 – 01:00, Wednesday – Saturday 17:00 – 03:00, Sunday 17:00 – 01:00
- Address: Suite 32.01, Level 32 Wisma Goldhill, Jalan Raja Chulan
- Tel: +603 2022 3818