Blue Elephant is a stylish speakeasy bar in Kuala Lumpur that combines a fun and glitzy ambience with original cocktails and imported single malt whiskies. Situated within the Plaza Damansara commercial building, it is popular amongst locals and expats who’ve grown weary of overcrowded bars and congested traffic in the city centre.
The first clue to finding its entrance is a doorway advertising “SCSG Corporate Service with a blue light shining on the pavement. From there, you’ll see a trail of posters lining the walls of a red-carpeted staircase which leads up to Blue Elephant’s shelf entrance.
Interior-wise, Blue Elephant Bar takes inspiration from Hollywood; expect black-and-white portraits of iconic actors hanging on the walls, set lights, foldable director’s chairs, and a golden Oscar statue as a centrepiece. There’s also a karaoke room available for those who prefer more privacy.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Blue Elephant Bar offers more 20 speciality cocktails, and its namesake cocktail Blue Elephant (RM28) and Ginberry Juniper (RM25) are great for those with a sweet tooth. The former consists of Smirnoff vodka, Chardonnay, passion fruit syrup, apple juice, grapefruit juice, and blue curacao syrup, while the latter is an infusion of Gordon's Gin, blueberry jam, elderflower cordial, lemon juice, and sugar syrup.
Blue Elephant also houses a collection of single malts from the Scottish highlands, lowlands, and islands as well as Laphroac and Taiwan’s award-winning Kavalan, with a surprisingly large number available by the glass.
For snacks, there’s a popcorn machine that provides peanut butter, curry and caramel popcorn in cinema boxes (RM4). Besides that, Sri Lankan snacks such as lamb roti rolls, and coconut flat bread are offered by the bar’s neighbouring restaurant A Li Yaa.
Blue Elephant Bar also serves a complimentary cocktail menu for ladies from 21:00 onwards Every Wednesday and Thursday while its resident DJ spins deep house. Accessible within a 15-minute drive from KL Sentral Station, Blue Elephant Bar is a place to escape KL city centre whilst enjoying quality drinks and laidback music.
Blue Elephant Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: Monday – Thursday 17:00 – 03:00, Friday 15:00 – 03:00, Saturday & Sunday 17:00 – 03:00
- Address: 15M & 17M, Plaza Damansara, Jalan Medan Setia 1, Bukit Damansara
- Tel: +603 2011 7715