Blue Mosque Selangor is Malaysia’s largest mosque and widely considered to be one of its most beautiful. Drawing its name from its impressive blue and silver dome, the mosque has four minarets merging both Malay and Modernist influences into its distinctive architecture.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Blue Mosque Selangor Highlights
This mosque is located in the Selangor’s capital city of Shah Alam. It is Malaysia’s largest mosque and the second largest in all of Southeast Asia and, not surprisingly, is the city of Shah Alam’s most popular tourist attraction. The mosque’s 51.2m diameter is the largest religious dome in the world and the four 142.3m minarets are also the tallest in the world. This mosque has an impressive maximum capacity of 24,000 people!
It is not surprising that such a large mosque is visible from many points of the Kuala Lumpur and itself offers beautiful views of the landscaped Garden of Islamic Arts which it overlooks. The mosque isn’t difficult to locate given its imposing stature and central Shah Alam location at the end of Persiaran Masjid approximately 40 minutes’ drive from KL city centre.
Best Hotel Nearby - Concorde Shah Alam
Concorde Hotel Shah Alam
Concorde Hotel Shah Alam may not be centrally-located along Jalan Sultan Ismail reminiscent of its sister property Concorde Hotel KL but this four-star showpiece is still certainly remarkable.A 2o-minute drive would take guests to the heart of the KL city centre action but there are more than enough attractions nearby to keep guests within the Shah Alam district.For a bit of sightseeing visit the Blue Mosque just across the street, but families with kids will love the fact that less than four km away is the award-winning Sunway Lagoon amusement park.Outdoor enthusiasts can head to the Bukit Cahaya Agricultural Park just ten minutes away, while golf fans will be glad to know that there are four world-class golf courses nearby. Read More...
Blue Mosque Selangor
- Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday 9:00-13:00 and 14:00-18.30, Friday 9:00-midday and 15:00-18.30
- Location: Persiaran Masjid St., Sekysen 14, 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
- Tel: +60 3-5519 9988