Bungy jumping might not be for everyone, but if you’d like a taste of how it is, head over to Malaysia’s first permanent bungy jump attraction, right in the middle of Sunway Lagoon theme park. One of the attractions in the Extreme Park, the bungy jump here sees brave souls leaping from the world’s longest pedestrian suspension bridge, and at RM130 for a five-second jump, we say it is something you need to try.
The bungy jump here is managed by Malaysia Bungy, a company that handles AJ Hackett International operations in Malaysia. AJ Hackett International is a renowned bungy jumping company that possesses a track record of over two million jumps without any major incidents, so you know you’re in good hands with these guys. The jump here might only just be 22 metres (equivalent to an eight-storey building), and for first timers, it’s intimidating.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Before jumping, punters are required to sign an agreement stating that they are fully responsible for any accidents during the course of the jump, and then get weighed in. Jumpers need to be in between 35kg to 285kg, ten years of age or older, and get to choose either to be strapped the traditional way (at the ankles, with a body harness as a backup) or to be strapped at the waist. You can also opt to do the ‘wet touch’ (head touching the surface of the lake) or just the regular bungy jump.
Now that you know the process, do you think you have the guts to actually do it? The trick here is to jump without lingering too much on the platform; the longer you think about it, the harder it seems. Leap off, scream your lungs out, and the five-second euphoria will be over before you know it. Afterwards, jumpers are awarded with an ‘Insanity Certificate’, so you can show off to all your friends and family back home how gutsy you are!
Sunway Lagoon is the biggest theme park in Kuala Lumpur, with over 80 rides and attractions in its five different sectors. The theme park is 15 minutes’ drive from the city centre, and alternatively can also be reached via feeder buses at the nearest KTM Komuter station, Subang Jaya.
Bungy Jump at Extreme Park
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 18:00
- Address: 3, Jalan PJS 11/11, Bandar Sunway, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Tel: +603 5639 0000
- Price Range: General admission RM120 (adult), RM90 (children up to 11 years old and senior citizens over 60 years old); bungy jump RM130