Chequers KL in Taman Tun Dr. Ismail in Petaling Jaya has added a new taste to the city’s dining scene by being the first restaurant to specialise in the chicken-and-waffle combo wildly popular in southern USA. Serving comfort food that will easily impress, for now the menu at this corner-lot restaurant remains brief but plans are already in the works for future expansion.
Helmed by a triumvirate partnership between ex-engineer Terence, marketing-mastermind Michelle and head chef Fazli, the restaurant straddles the worlds of both sweet and savoury, delivering flavour combinations like nothing else. We foresee that it will soon be a major competitor to weekend brunch favourites The Good Batch, Antipodean Café and The Frisky Goat – but the friendly, efficient service will surely handle it all beautifully.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
When it comes to the food, we recommend the RM19 chicken cobb sandwich – fluffy waffles with moist shredded chicken, hard-boiled egg, avocado, crispy beef bacon and plum tomatoes, all bound together with a curry mayo to almost-scientifically create an out-of-this-world taste experience. Alternatively, you can get adventurous with the RM22 chicken square, a combo of spicy buttermilk waffles sandwiching crusty chicken, with purple raisin slaw, sriracha sauce that gives this chicken-and-waffle combo an unforgettable kick.
Another not-to-be-missed dish here is the waffles with sirloin beef patty. Called the moo moo (RM25) it is perfect for the red meat lover, with cheddar cheese, coleslaw, tangy relish, crunchy bacon and berry BBQ sauce binding all ingredients together, producing salty-sweet taste notes that will not be easily forgotten.
Cap off the meal with the RM16 melting moments’ buttermilk waffle, embedded with chocolate chips and topped with deep-fried bananas, salted caramel sauce, coconut shavings – a single bite itself is culinary heaven.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 23:00 Monday – Thursday; 10:00 – 24:00 Friday; 09:00 – 22:00 Saturday; 09:00 – 23:00 Sunday
- Address: 153 Jalan Aminuddin Baki, Taman Tun Dr Ismail
- Tel: +016 661 7622