Notification: Circus Restaurant is permanently closed.
Circus is an award-winning restaurant and cocktail lounge in Pavilion KL. By day it is a modern casual eatery with a menu of international food, at night it transforms into a club with live bands on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Winner of numerous awards at The Malaysia International Gourmet Festival in 2012, Circus is far from an everyday watering hole. It receives rave reviews not only for its excellent food, extensive drinks list and good service, but also for the fact that it is the type of place to see and be seen at.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Textured red and purple furnishings make it look like a classy but modern, playful pop art nightclub, with a little bit of Victorian splendour thrown in. In the main room – with its silkscreen paintings and mood-altering neon light effects coming from the long bar and ceiling – drinks are served by friendly, savvy staff.
And Circus has an extensive variety, from spirits and beers to champagnes and wines, but it is the cocktail lounge’s choice of 60 cocktails that hold court. Taking mixed drinks to new levels of sophistication, the usual sours, fizzes and cobblers are represented but most people come for the bar’s ‘Moods of Circus’ selections – we like the ‘sexy strawberry bellini’. It is a delicious mix of smooth crème de fraise, sweet strawberries and sparkling wine, and comes with fresh strawberries and dark chocolate on the side.
Everything on the menu (from the salads, pastas and wood-fired pizzas to the sandwiches, burgers and steaks) is delicious, so we will just list the standouts. For starters try the Tasman Bay seared scallops (with a tangy-tasting orange-soy glaze) and the great-for-sharing margherita pizza is good too with milky-tasting mozzarella and tasty tomatoes.
When it comes to the mains, we highly recommend the Wagyu slider. To class this burger in with other burgers is meaningless – in KL, it is the best proper American burger. Between the lightly toasted sesame buns is a thick slab of tender, juicy meat with aged cheddar melted over the patty while still on the grill and a unique tomato relish that gives it a slightly spicy kick.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 02:00 Sunday – Thursday; 10:00 – 03:00 Saturday
- Address: Lot C3.10.01b, Level 3, Fashion Avenue, Pavilion, 168, Jalan Bukit Bintang, KL
- Tel: +603 2141 6151