Farm in the City is the place for visitors who want to enjoy a non-traditional zoo experience. It is located out in Seri Kembangan (along the Damansara Puchong highway) and it is great for people who want to escape the urban jungle and see some unusual animals up close and personal.
An ideal venue for lovers of the great outdoors, the place is divided into several sections including a reptile corner, koi pond and bird aviary. There is a turtle and tortoise section which is home to about five different types of these hard-shell reptiles: meanwhile, the snake sanctuary has rows of the slithering creatures housed in tanks. You will see no shortage of flora at this park, but the real superstars at the farm are the animals, ranging from peacocks, geese and iguanas to marmosets, deer and bunnies.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Some of the rare animals you can see here include a crusty-looking dinosaur turtle (which looks like a giant leatherback turtle) and a crow with snow white plumage. One of the great things about this park is that you can really interact with the animals – from snapping a picture of you ‘riding’ (translation: hovering over) a giant tortoise to feeding a deer from the palm of your hand.
Farm in the City is beautifully landscaped and there is even a section where kids can go inside the rabbit and guinea pigs enclosure and play with them: all in all, it is an awesome experience. It is a better place to take your kids to see animals than Zoo Negara (which has seen better days), and the park’s mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and fish are well taken care of, which of course, will make this place infinitely-pleasing to animal lovers.
Farm in the City
- Address: Lot 40187~40188, Jalan Prima Tropika Barat, Bandar Putra Permai, Seri Kembangan, 43300 Selangor
- Tel: +603 8941 2099