Fatty Crab Restaurant is a legendary seafood eatery in Petaling Jaya, where you can enjoy a variety of fresh fish and shellfish at affordable prices. However, the kitchen’s proudest achievements are its meaty crab dishes, best eaten with toasted mantau buns.
This frills-free Chinese restaurant also offers rice and noodles, as well as soups, vegetables, and chicken. Prices start at RM12 for a small plate of fried rice, while seafood dishes such as prawns, fish, and squid are priced at RM45 upwards, depending on the season.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
What to Eat at Fatty Crab Restaurant KL
One of the most satisfying ways to feel like a local is to order the restaurant’s signature sweet and sour crab – the gravy is thick yet not overwhelming in taste, with just the right balance of sweet and sour notes. When you are placing an order, be sure to ask for the homemade buns to go with it – they are great for dipping into the gravy!
The best time to go is between 18:00 and 19:00 as you’ll get the freshest (and possibly largest) shellfish. It’s also less crowded during this time; you may need to wait at least 30 minutes for a table if you drop by after 19:30. If you are in the mood for local seafood in Kuala Lumpur, Fatty Crab Restaurant is certainly the best place to drop anchor.
Check out this great hotel nearby
Fatty Crab Restaurant
- Opening Hours: Tuesday – Sunday 17:30 – 22:45 (closed Mondays)
- Location: 2, Jalan SS24/13, Taman Megah, Petaling Jaya
- Tel: +603 7804 5758