Federal Territory Mosque is a large mosque in Kuala Lumpur built to house up to 17,000 worshipers at a time. Also known as the Wilayah Persekutuan Mosque, it was built between 1998 and 2000 and opened its doors to devotees on October 25th 2000. This major regional mosque is situated near to the Matrade Complex and Federal Government Complex in Solaris Dutamas in the north of Kuala Lumpur.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Federal Territory Mosque Highlights
Architecturally, the mosque and its two minarets are built in the Ottoman Malay style and welcomes both Muslim and non-Muslim visitors. Volunteers at the mosque are also on hand to offer guided tours and interesting nuggets of information. This is an operational mosque, so it is important to respect the conservative rules of dress while visiting. Robes are available, however, for those who turn up with unsuitable clothing. Remember too to remove shoes before entering the building. The road to the mosque is not well-serviced by public buses and not particularly pedestrian-friendly, so a taxi is the most convenient way to arrive.
Best Hotel Nearby - Wedgewood Residences Mont' Kiara
Wedgewood Residences, strategically located in Mont Kiara, offers accommodations designed exclusively for expatriates.Set less than 15 minutes away from the hectic city centre this five-star property is home to 78 one-, two- and three-bedroom apartment units ranging in size from 153sqm to 260sqm: to ensure privacy and exclusivity each floor houses less than four units each.Perfect for both short- and long-term stays, each unit comes with a kitchenette equipped with basic appliances such as a fridge, microwave and stove, a separate living room and dining area.Each fully furnished apartment comes with all the necessary modern conveniences such as free Wi-Fi, DVD player and a flat screen TV with cable channels. Read More...
Federal Territory Mosque
- Opening Hours: Tour guides available from 10:00 - 18:00
- Location: Jalan Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin, Kompleks Kerajaan, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Tel: +60 3-6201 8791