IKKI Kuala Lumpur is the city’s largest speakeasy bar, featuring a classy event space, subdued ambience, and an extensive menu of crafted cocktails and artisanal whiskies. Spanning over 250 square metres, this bar also hosts a variety of events such as product launches, birthday parties, fashion shows, and even champagne tasting events.
Inspired by Prohibition-era social clubs, IKKI Kuala Lumpur is fitted with vintage decor, mirrored walls, quirky oil paintings, a fully-stocked bar as its centrepiece, and plenty of leather sofas and low tables. There’s also an open balcony that overlooks the Petronas Twin Towers and Menara KL Tower. If you prefer more privacy, the lounge has two enclosed rooms that can accommodate up to 15 and 30 people respectively.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Priced at RM29 onwards, IKKI serves over 50 Japanese-inspired cocktails, Haig and Nikka whiskies, and a selection of fusion-style tapas. A Letter from Mr. Ikki is one of the bar’s signature cocktails, comprising Hennessy VSOP cognac, Glenmorangie original, Antica formula, Kahlua, and Ikki chocolate bitters. Another must-try is The Sipper (RM40), which contains Nikka Taketsuru pure malt whiskey, Carpano Antica Formula, Ginger Tam, Yuzu Vinaigrette, clover honey, and jasmine tea. The cocktails here are sophisticated concotions a world away from many of the overly sweet and fruity drinks passed off as cocktails in KL. For anyone looking for mixologists at the top of their game, a couple of drinks at Ikki Kuala Lumpur is a must.
If you need a caffeine fix, try From London to Tokyo, a potent mix of smoked Hennessy VSOP, Dom Benedictine, Grand Marnier, angostura bitters, and coffee ice cubes. The cocktail is also available by the bottle for RM350.
To keep things interesting for its patrons, IKKI Kuala Lumpur changes its cocktail menu regularly with the help of guest mixologists from KL and beyond. Set within the TREC entertainment precinct at Jalan Tun Razak, IKKI Kuala Lumpur is a ten-minute drive from Pavilion KL and Starhill Gallery.
IKKI Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: Monday – Saturday 18:00 – 01:00
- Address: Unit E-1-08, First Floor, Electric Boulevard, TREC KL, Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +6017 207 6815