The Iron Mosque Putrajaya was built in 2004 with construction finishing in 2009. The mosque is built in a distinctive style that borrows heavily from German and Chinese architectural influences. The most distinguishing features are its lack of a minaret and the fact that it is constructed mostly from steel hence the building’s metallic appearance that gives it its name. The mosque was built to hold up to 20,000 worshippers and is also known as Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin Mosque.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Iron Mosque Putrajaya Highlights
The mosque is located near the beautiful Poudre Lake and offers panoramic views of the lake and other parts of Putrajaya. Despite being a relatively recent addition to the landscape, its unique appearance has seen it already become a popular tourist destination in the area.
Car parking at the Iron Mosque is located on the lower ground level and you will need to take a lift or escalator to go to the ablution area, which is upstairs. The Prayer Hall is on the next floor up. There is also a children's playground at one end of the mosque.
The Iron Mosque is the Putrajaya’s second principal mosque after Putra mosque, even though it covers an area twice the size of Putra's main mosque. It is located opposite the Palace of Justice in Putrajaya's Precinct 3.
Best Hotel Nearby - Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside
Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside
Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside is an absolutely-sprawling property that impresses from the get-go.Located just 15 minutes away from the Kuala Lumpur International Airport, it is a great away-from-city-centre hotel, offering guests 281 guestrooms ranging from studio-style units to one- and two-bedroom apartments.A popular venue for weddings, the resort-style hotel is flanked by the Putra Lake and the Putrajaya Convention Centre, with its four towers arranged in the shape of a horseshoe, giving most rooms excellent views of the lake.Hotel facilities include an onsite spa with 10 treatment rooms, a rooftop pool, a well equipped gym, karaoke room, kids centre with nanny services and access to Putra Lake, where you can go paddle boating. Read More...
Iron Mosque Putrajaya
- Opening Hours: Saturday to Thursday 9:00-midday, 14:00-16:00, 17.30-18:00, Friday 15:00-16:00, 17:30-18:00
- Location: Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, Presint 3, 62000 Putrajaya, Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya, Malaysia
- Tel: +60 3-8880 4300