Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park is one of the largest butterfly parks in the world, where you can find more than 6,000 live butterflies from 120 species. Located in Tun Abdul Razak Heritage Park (Lake Gardens), it’s a popular spot for families and animal lovers looking to escape the bustling KL city centre.
The butterfly park covers over 7,000 square metres and is landscaped like a bushy garden with lots of flowers, vines and exotic plants. The colourful residents are also relatively friendly, some of them even floating to your shirt and hand, sticking like badges. Open daily, the park has with several ponds with cascading waterfalls and unique fountains, which house colourful Japanese koi fish and freshwater turtles.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park Highlights
Besides the butterflies, the park is home to a wide range of preserved insects like rhinoceros beetles and praying mantises, all on display at the onsite museum. There's also a souvenir shop where you can purchased frames of preserved butterflies, scorpions and other insects.
Located along Jalan Cenderasari, tickets to the Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park are priced at RM25 for adults and RM14 for children aged 3-12. There’s an additional fee of RM5 if you bring a video camera to the park, but please note that tripods are not allowed.
Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:00 – 18:00
- Address: Jalan Cenderasari, Taman Tasik Perdana (Lake Gardens)
- Tel: +603 2693 4799
- Price Range: RM22 for adults, RM11 for children (2 – 11 years)