Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park is one of the city’s most popular animal parks, housing over 6,000 butterflies from 120 species within its landscaped garden setting. Spanning almost 7500 square metres, it is widely regarded as one of the largest butterfly houses in Southeast Asia. These butterflies often stay relatively still on visitors’ hands and clothing, delighting photography enthusiasts and animal lovers alike.
The park is also home to a number of exotic flowers, butterfly-host plants, and ferns as well as Japanese koi fish, fresh water turtles, rhinoceros beetles, and praying mantises. There’s also a nursery within the enclosure, where hundreds of butterfly cocoons are displayed – you might even be able to spot a butterfly larvae emerging from its cocoon.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Center Half-Day Excursion
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
Besides the free-roaming butterflies, Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park has a museum that’s filled with well-preserved butterflies and insects from around the world. Visitors can also purchase frames and keychains of preserved butterflies, scorpions and other insects as souvenirs for loved ones back home.
Tickets are priced at RM22 for adults and RM11 for children aged between two and 11 while video recording is allowed for an additional RM4. Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park is situated within Taman Tasik Perdana (Lake Gardens), just a ten-minute walk from the Masjid Negara Mosque. The best way to get there is via KTM train; alight at the Kuala Lumpur Station and the butterfly park is a 30-minute leisurely walk through the verdant Lake Gardens.
Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:00 – 18:00
- Address: Jalan Cenderasari, Taman Tasik Perdana (Lake Gardens)
- Tel: +603 2693 4799
- Price Range: RM22 for adults, RM11 for children (2 – 11 years)