Little Fat Duck is one of the pioneers of a new dining craze that is sweeping through Kuala Lumpur. It is a food truck that serves affordably priced Italian and French cuisine for on-the-go diners and urban hipsters. It is certainly the most novel dining experience in Subang Jaya and stands out against the wide array of local restaurants, burger joints, and quaint cafes in SS 15 (Section 15). Parked in front of Public Bank’s SS15 outlet, Little Fat Duck is credited for kick-starting the food truck culture as similar ventures have popped up all over Kuala Lumpur.
Open from 20:00 onwards, it is well-frequented for its reasonably priced yet hearty meals. A must-try in Little Fat Duck is the aglio olio (RM5), a spicy rendition of the classic Italian fare thanks to a rather generous seasoning of chilli flakes and Italian herbs. Served with a choice of chicken or beef, its level of spiciness may be overwhelming for some but those with a healthy appetite for fiery flavours will delight in Little Fat Duck’s aglio olio.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
For mains, Little Fat Duck serves tender chicken confit and grilled fish which are priced at RM12. The former consists of a whole chicken leg served atop mashed potatoes while the dory fillet is grilled to perfection with a generous serving of Hollandaise sauce and mashed potatoes. For dessert, Little Fat Duck offers simple yet delicious homemade milk puddings, available in original milk and Belgian chocolate flavours.
While Little Fat Duck is mainly catered for takeaways, there is a makeshift dining space with limited seats and tables for diners who want to wait out Subang Jaya’s rather intimidating traffic. Overall, Little Fat Duck’s unique concept of serving no-frills, cheap yet delicious Italian and French fare from a food truck has proven to be a big hit amongst college students and professionals within Subang Jaya.
Little Fat Duck Food Truck
- Opening Hours: Wednesday - Monday 20:00 – 00:00
- Location: Situated in SS15, Subang Jaya (approximately 20km from the Kuala Lumpur city centre), Little Fat Duck food truck is parked opposite Public Bank from Wednesday to Monday.
- Address: SS15, Subang Jaya (opposite Public Bank)
- Tel: +603 5613 2087