Merchant's Lane Kuala Lumpur
Hidden Cafe in Chinatown KL0
Merchant’s Lane Kuala Lumpur offers a quiet getaway from the ever-bustling Chinatown KL, serving hand-crafted teas and coffees as well as fusion-style brunches and desserts. This hidden café is also a popular hangout spot amongst local youths due to its picture-perfect interior – think exposed ceilings, custom-made rattan furnishing, and wooden flooring paired with an array of colourful flower motifs, potted plants, and vintage knick-knacks.
Available all day, Merchant’s Lane Kuala Lumpur specialises in international favourites with a distinctively Asian twist, including Italian chow mein (RM20) served with chicken rendang, pesto green curry pasta (RM20), and South China Sea (RM25), a hearty ensemble of grilled salmon, poached eggs, homemade hash, and salsa.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Drinks are priced between RM7 and RM15 here, ranging from classics such as long black, mocha, piccolo, and cappuccino to unique infusions such as jasmine black, caramel latte and cold-brewed earl grey latte. Our favourite is the rose honey milk (RM12), a honey-sweetened milk beverage that’s garnished with delicate rose petals and served in a while porcelain teacup.
For dessert, Merchant’s Lane Kuala Lumpur serves a selection of cakes sourced from independent bakeries from the city. If you prefer something more substantial to satisfy your sweet tooth, try Better Than Sex (RM16), which comprises pandan-flavoured roti jala (net pancakes), melted cheese, kaya toast ice cream, and gula Melaka (palm sugar) drizzle.
Set on the first floor of a traditional shophouse along Jalan Petaling, finding the café can be tricky due to the lack of signage; just look out for a stationary shop located next to the Advance Tertiery College building.
- Opening Hours: Monday – Friday 10:30 – 20:00, Saturday & Sunday 09:30 – 20:00
- Address: 50 Jalan Petaling, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2022 1736
You May Also Like