Notification: This show has ended in April 2017.
MUD Kuala Lumpur presents an exciting live musical production about the humble beginnings of the capital of Malaysia. Dubbed ‘Our Story of Kuala Lumpur’, it is held in Panggung Bandaraya, a historical theatre hall that’s just a five-minute stroll from the iconic Sultan Abdul Samad Building.
Featuring fast-paced musical numbers, colourful costumes, and one-liners, this musical collaboration tells the story of three close friends in search of opportunities during the 1800s. The hour-long performance is divided into four acts, each of which taking place in the frontier town of Kuala Lumpur, a marketplace, tin mines, and tea stall.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
A host of colourful characters are introduced throughout the performance, each with unique personalities and backgrounds which signify the diversity of Kuala Lumpur. The production also showcases an array of traditional dances and local practices, including tarian pinggan (saucer dance), kenduri (Malay feast), and interpretive Indian dance performances. Performers are known to interact with the audience by inviting them onstage to perform alongside the energetic cast.
A fun, multi-cultural experience for viewers of all ages, MUD Kuala Lumpur’s Our Story of Kuala Lumpur is held daily at 15:00 and 20:30. The ticketing office is open from 10:00 until 20:30, with entry fee priced at RM60 for tourists and RM45 for locals
MUD Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: Daily 10:00 – 20:30
- Address: Panggung Bandaraya, Sultan Abdul Samad Building, Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2602 3335
- Price Range: RM60 for non-Malaysian citizens