Palillos Bar Kuala Lumpur specialises in Japanese yakitori with a Spanish flair as well as a wide range of cocktails, sakes, and Spanish wines. Located above Pinchos Tapas Bar within Changkat Bukit Bintang, its interior is kept simple with wooden fixtures, warm lighting, Japanese-style screen panels, a bar-facing communal table, cushioned high chairs, and several tables for diners who prefer privacy.
To keep things relatively authentic, the yakitori is made using traditional Japanese-style skewers over a binchotan (white charcoal) grill, resulting in a distinctive smoky yet succulent flavour. Its menu is undeniably extensive, from Spanish quail (RM9), Iberico pork belly (RM7) and suckling lamb chops with rosemary (RM15) to Japanese oysters wrapped in pork belly (RM10), squid with shiso leaves (RM7) and dates and blue cheese (RM9).
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
You can also find a selection of savoury appetisers at Palillos Bar Kuala Lumpur – we highly recommend the traditional salmon belly sashimi (RM25) or serrano ham Manchego cheese platter (RM39), comprising delicate slices of ham and cheese, served with sake-infused green olives, pan tumaca (tomato bread), and tomato puree. Priced at RM5 onwards, dessert consists of yuzu ice cream, Spanish melon with sake, marshmallow and strawberry skewers, and grilled pineapple with vanilla ice cream.
Alcohol offerings here include potent cocktails such as the Espresso Martini (RM35), Saketini (RM25), and Yuzu Fizz (RM28), Kizakura Junmai Daiginjo sake (RM200 for a bottle), as well as Ederra Rueda Verdejo and Viña Pomal Crianza Rioja Tempranillo, both available by glass at RM26.
Palillos Bar Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: Monday – Saturday 18:00 – 23:00
- MRT: Bukit Bintang
- Address: 18A, Changkat Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2110 5051