Peter Hoe Beyond is a store along Jalan Doraisamy (also known as The Row KL) with a lovely collection of homeware, clothes and souvenirs. It's divided into three colourful sections: a retail store, boutique and café. Fusing Asian and modern style, some of the best things to buy here include colourful, woven rattan baskets and place mats in bold colours and designs as well as flowery shirts, batik print pareos and scarves.
Taking traditional batik and crafts and giving them a funky twist, most of the merchandise at the retail store is designed by Peter Hoe and specially made by craftsmen across the region. We especially like the hand-printed fabric and colourful beaded earrings from Jaipur, India, handmade candles from Chiangmai, Thailand and silverware from Indonesia.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
A store with more than one thing going on, there is also a small section with clothes by local fashion designer Justin Yap. You can get custom-made gowns here and there is even an array of ready-made designs. This collection is made up of romantic, traditional Malaysian costumes with lots of colourful beadwork and modern outfits with lots of bohemian flair. Casual yet stylish, they are perfect for parties. The store also sells affordably-priced linen.
At the opposite section of the store is a café where you can rest your feet for a bit and lounge against silk pillows: the goodies at the café are baked by Peter Hoe himself (the quiches and pies are very tasty). While the latte and cakes are really good, you can also choose to enjoy a bottle of wine after your shopping.
The store looks very much like an olden-day Chinese speakeasy, with cement floors, glossy antique dark-wood tables, frosted windows, potted plants and colourful lanterns and bead curtains hanging from the ceiling, creating an ‘underground’ atmosphere. A five-minute walk from the Medan Tuanku monorail station, Peter Hoe Evolution + Beyond is located next to Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel.
Peter Hoe Evolution + Beyond
- Opening Hours: Daily 10:00 – 19:00
- Address: 62-1 First Floor, The Row KL, Jalan Doraisamy, Kuala Lumpur City Centre
- Tel: +6018 223 5199