MyBalloonFiesta (formerly Putrajaya International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta) is an annual event in Kuala Lumpur that really makes you sit up and take notice. A great way to snap some great travel photos, it takes place in Desa Parkcity and is reminiscent of New York’s Adirondack Hot Air Balloon Festival. Expect to see lots of colourful, teardrop-shaped balloons, as well as some outrageous, quirkily-shaped ones.
Previous participating hot air balloons have included ones shaped like Darth Vader’s head, a cat, Doraemon, a clown, a pink elephant’s head and even one shaped like a giant peacock. If you’re looking to ride a tethered balloon during the festival, you are required to purchase the MyBalloon Club pass, which also gives you special privileges such as live jazz performances, gourmet buffet breakfast (07:00 to 10:00), and a private space to catch the balloon inflation.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Those not keen on the idea of going up in one of the balloons need not worry as this four-day festival entertains in a variety of ways. Besides hot air balloon rides, there are also other activities to make this an interesting affair to attend, including various food trucks, cultural performances, balloon workshops, and an evening balloon with fireworks display.
MyBalloonFiesta will be held from 10th to 12th March, 2017 at Desa Parkcity, about 25 minutes from Kuala Lumpur city centre via taxi. There are also shuttle buses departing every 30 minutes from Bandar Utama MRT Station and The Curve Mall in Petaling Jaya.
- Highlights: Around March every year
- Opening Hours: 10th to 12thh March, 2017, 16:00 – 22:00
- Location: Desa Parkcity
- Price Range: MyBalloon Club: RM300 for adults & RM250 for children below 12 years; general admission: RM22 for adults & RM16 for children below 12 years