A Bangsar boutique that looks like it holds your grandmother’s amazing collection of antique and retro dresses, tops, skirts, pants, jewellery, belts and more, Quirky Brown Cow boutique is the sort of shop that will have thrifty fashionistas rejoicing. The clothes here may look like the kind of items sourced from nana’s closet, but really the store’s fashion collection is actually carefully sourced from around the world.
The biggest draw for Quirky Brown Cow is that Bangsar-standard rates do not prevail here – which means prices for items start from as low as RM10 and go up to only RM200. The place has got a great vibe with staff members who are friendly and provide unobtrusive service.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
The store is a study in contrasts: on one hand, it looks pretty basic with buffed grey concrete floors and oversized naked orange filament bulbs, while rails holding clothes hang from the ceiling. But quirky touches add a dash of panache: like brightly coloured frames with no photos, imported antique cabinets housing fashion accessories, a console piano and gold gilded mirrors.
Adding to the eccentricity of Quirky Brown Cow’s decor are changing rooms that look like London’s famous fire-engine red telephone boxes, cast iron Victorian lamp posts and colourful vintage suitcases bolted to the walls.
Set along Jalan Telawi 2, you won’t find bold Alice and Wonderland-themed outfits at Quirky Brown Cow – instead expect to see a visually stunning collection of old Hollywood glamour-inspired pieces at Quirky Brown Cow. They put us in mind of 1950s Lake Como, Italy with garments in muted colour palettes and ‘just touch me’ fabrics, with designs that range from bombshell to casual, romantic daywear.
Snag a shimmery skater dress for only RM99, soft palazzo pants for RM139 and a Mary cut-out top for RM60 – all in all, it’s fashion heaven at bargain prices.
Quirky Brown Cow
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 20:00
- Address: Lot 23-1, Jalan Telawi 2, Bangsar Baru, 59100 Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2201 0212