There’s no doubt about it – Kuala Lumpur is a vibrant, bustling city from sunrise to sunset. To gain a whole new appreciation for Malaysia’s capital, we recommend you get away from the busy streets and take in the view from a whole new angle – the rooftops.
Best of all, Kuala Lumpur is home to numerous nocturnal hotspots, ranging from classy ristorantes to cocktail lounges, that are nestled atop high-rise structures. Our 10 Great Rooftop Bars in Kuala Lumpur offer great ambience for those who want to sit back and watch the sun set below the city horizon - with a drink in hand, of course.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Private Grand City Overview with Lunch
Marini’s on 57 is an exclusive Italian ristorante set on the 57th floor of Petronas Tower 3 (adjacent to Suria KLCC). It is divided into three sections, with a dining area, a bar with art deco furniture and neon lights, and a Havana-esque lounge with brown leather sofas. Paintings from Italian artist, Rosalba Mangione hang on the walls, while floor-to-ceiling windows and a glass roof provide great views of Kuala Lumpur. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Mon - Thu 19:00 - 23:00, Fri - Sun 18:30 - 24:00;
Rooftop Bar Table: Sun - Thu 17:00 - 01:30, Fri - Sat 17:00 - 03: 00;
Cocktail Lounge: Mon - Thu 15:00 - 01:30, Fri - Sat 15:30 - 03:00 (Closed on Sunday)
- Address: Level 57, Menara 3 Petronas, Persiaran KLCC, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Tel: +603 2386 6030 or +6017 688 0167
Airy and sexy Sky Bar is a glamorous cocktail lounge on the 33rd floor of Traders Hotel KL. Its centrepiece is a pool bordered by ‘cabanas’ on one side, and a bar on the other. A must-visit if you are planning on hitting the nightclubs in KL, resident DJs spin techno music at Sky Bar on select nights: on other nights tunes alternate from jazz, easy listening and soft rock to modern pop hits. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 01:00 Sunday – Thursday; 10:00 – 03:00 Friday & Saturday
- Address: Level 33, Traders Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur City Centre
- Tel: +603 2332 9911
Located directly opposite Menara KL Tower, the breezy Luna Bar is a two-storey bar on the 34th floor of Pacific Regency Suites that offers 360° views of the city. One of the city’s best-known nightclubs, it is divided into an alfresco lounge with a pool and long bar on the lower level, while the top deck is a trendy indoor restaurant that overlooks the pool. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:00 – 01:00 Monday; 17:00 – 03:00 Tuesday – Friday; 10:00 – 03:00 Saturday; 10:00 – 01:00 Sunday -
- Address: Pacific Regency Hotel Apartments, Menara Pan Global, Jalan Punchak, off Jalan P Ramlee, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2332 7777
Troika Sky Dining can be described in one word - impressive. Kuala Lumpur locals are becoming spoilt for choice when it comes to fine dining restaurants with a view, but this venue certainly stands out from the pack. Set in Tower B of The Troika along Persiaran KLCC, it comprises two dining venues and a bar: fusion-focused Cantaloupe, Italian bistro Strato and Claret wine bar. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – 15:00 and 18:00 – 23:00 (Strato); 16:00 – 01:00 (Claret); 18:30 – 22:30 (Cantaloupe Dining Room)
- Address: Level 23A, Tower B, The Troika, 19 Persiaran KLCC, 50450 KL
- Tel: +603 2162 0886
View Rooftop Bar is a nightclub on the 29th floor of G Tower Hotel KL with views of the famous Petronas Twin Towers, Ampang Hills and the Titiwangsa mountain range. There are three seating areas: the chic, fuss-free and airy wooden terrace, the neon-lit, futuristic Champagne Room and the Whisky Lounge – a quiet cigar-lover’s enclave. There is a strict dress code here (no sneakers or ripped jeans) but the club’s friendly and down-to-earth service has you feeling completely at ease. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:00 – 01:00 Sunday – Thursday; 17:00 – 03:00 Friday & Saturday
- Address: Level 29, G Tower, 199 Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2168 1881
Situated on the 30th floor of Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral is Mai Bar, a spacious rooftop and poolside bar that offers a wide array of alcohol and unique cocktails with resident and guest DJs playing cutting edge music. A great place to unwind and watch the sun set in Kuala Lumpur, guests can also enjoy happy hour promos from 17:00 until 21:00. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday – Thursday 12:00 – 00:00, Friday & Saturday 12:00 – 02:00, Sunday 12:00 – 00:00
- Address: Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, Jalan Stesen Sentral
- Tel: +603 2723 1188
Offering some of the best views in the city, Bridge Bar is an exclusive nightclub suspended between the two blocks of G-Tower Hotel, KL. One of its major highlights is a glass platform that you can step on and take a thrilling downward view – an exhilarating experience you will not easily forget. It is a great place to visit if you want to relax with a drink in hand, take in the view and listen to R&B, jazz and Top 40 hits playing quietly in the background while you chat with friends or network. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:00 – 01:00
- Address: Level 28, G Tower, Jalan Tun Razak, KL
- Tel: +603 2168 1899
Heli Lounge Bar is set directly across from the KL Tower and you will be hard pressed to snap better pictures of the city skyline than from here. The helipad – one of only five in the city – is still in use during the day but at night turns into a rooftop bar with a portable drink station and some simple lounge chairs and tables. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 24:00 Monday – Wednesday; 18:00 – 02:00 Thursday; 18:00 – 03:00 Friday & Saturday
- Address: 34th Floor, Menara KH, Jalan Sultan Ismail, KL
- Tel: +603 2110 5034 or +6012 317 0925
Set one floor above KL Tower’s viewing deck (which is about 100m higher than the Petronas Twin Towers’ sky bridge) Atmosphere 360 has the highest views in town. Kuala Lumpur’s most famous revolving restaurant, one moment you are sitting beside the buffet counter, the next you are beside the grand piano and front entrance. Looking a lot like a spaceship with neon lights and starry fibre optic ceiling lights, the intimate table arrangements and romantic, sky-high views make it a popular place for date nights. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:30 – 23:00
- Address: TH 02, Menara Kuala Lumpur, No. 2, Jalan Punchak Off Jalan P. Ramlee, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 2020 2121
Set atop First Avenue, it is just next door to One Utama – one of the Klang Valley’s most popular malls. The Roof is divided into five concept venues: Malt & Leaf, Play, Score, Signature and Stratosphere, all of which totals up to a massaive 4,645sqm of space. Read More...
- Location: The Roof, 1 First Avenue, Bandar Utama, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia