Sapore Kuala Lumpur serves a mix of authentic Spanish, Italian and Mediterranean fare, as well as an extensive wine and cocktails list. Located in Ampang, this restaurant was founded by Chef Fabio Ruggiero, who has previously worked in several five-star hotels and Michelin-starred restaurants in Italy before moving to the Malaysian capital.
We highly recommend starting with Sapore’s extensive range of cold cuts, such as Jamon Iberico (RM45), Salchichon (RM22), Cecina (RM32) and chorizo. If you’re dining with a group, opt for the Antipasti Tagliere for Sharing (RM 88), a generous platter of chorizo pork sausage, salchichon Spanish sausage, Parma ham, capocollo salami, porchetta pork roast and rillettes, served with a side of pickled vegetables.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Private Grand City Overview with Lunch
For something more filling, diners can find a wide selection of pastas and roast meat – try the Rigatoni Rosticciana (RM38), wide-tube pasta cooked al dente with stewed Iberico pork ribs and tomatoes, or the roasted octopus (RM118) served with potatoes, arugula and Modena balsamic. As dinner isn’t complete without dessert, so satisfy your sweet tooth with a slice of Tiramisu (RM 20) or Panna Cotta (RM13).
Drinks-wise, Sapore Kuala Lumpur’s Siderit Gin (RM 42) is a refreshing blend of tonic water, mint and rosemary leaves but, if you’re in need of a pick-me-up, the Espresso Martini is a must try. A concoction of Kahlua, Frangelico liquor, vodka and vanilla syrup (RM38), it gives you a strong kick of espresso, perfectly balanced with a subdued sweetness.
Sapore Kuala Lumpur is accessible within a 15-minute drive from the iconic Petronas Twin Towers and Suria KLCC Shopping Mall. The restaurant is only open from 14:00 on weekdays, but from 10:00 on weekends.
Sapore Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: Mon – Fri 14:00 – 23:30, Sat – Sun 10:00 – 23:30
- Address: 18, Persiaran Ampang, Desa Pahlawan, Ampang, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 4266 6362