SS2 Monday Night Market is the largest pasar malam (night market) in Petaling Jaya, and has served the local community for over a decade. Open only on Mondays, it’s a great place to sample authentic Malaysian cuisine at very affordable prices, though the majority of vendors here offers Chinese street food.
Local fruits and vegetables, as well as clothing and accessories such as T-shirts, phone covers, and dresses can also be found at SS2 Monday Night Market, though its main attraction is the abundance of food on offer.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
What to See and Eat at SS2 Monday Night Market
A popular food item at SS2 Monday Night Market is deep-fried radish cake, a Chinese dim sum dish made with shredded radish and plain rice flour. This snack costs less than RM6 for six pieces and comes topped with fried garlic, chili sauce, and scallions. If you prefer something less greasy, try the steamed xiu mai dumplings. Filled with pork or shrimp, you can find these bite-sized morsels in various shades, including green, yellow, and even black!
Lastly, no trip to SS2 Monday Night Market is complete without savouring homemade buns, both savoury and sweet. What makes these buns stand out from the usual Chinese buns are the fact that they’re painted with food colouring to look like mushrooms and peaches. Fillings range from chicken, vegetables and char siew (barbecued pork) to pandan (coconut jam), red bean and lotus seeds.
From 16:00 onwards, the roads surrounding a massive food court of the same names are lined with colourful stalls. If you’re travelling by car, you may find a hard time finding a decent parking space. The best time to visit SS2 Monday Night Market is between 16:30 and 18:00 as stalls are fully open and crowds are smaller during this period.
Best Hotel Nearby - De Uptown Hotel PJ SS2
SS2 Monday Night Market
- Opening Hours: Monday, 16:00 – 24:00
- Location: Jalan SS 2/64, SS2, Petaling Jaya