SS2 Selera Malam KL is an outdoor food court in Petaling Jaya that houses some of the city’s best hawker fare. A 20-minute drive from Kuala Lumpur city centre, it gets very packed with locals looking to enjoy affordable meals for dinner and supper, especially during weekends.
Though it is not air-conditioned, this food court covered by a massive roof with several fans providing a cool breeze all night long. Locals call it Wai Sek Kai (Gluttony Lane) and to make things easier for you, stalls are numbered: we suggest you grab a table in the centre and walk around.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
SS2 Selera Malam Highlights
There are plenty of food vendors along the whole stretch of the food court, while seats and tables are set up in the middle. Do note that this is a non-halal establishment, but you can still find several stalls selling pork-free dishes such as nasi lemak, nasi campur (mixed rice), satays, and ais kacang (shaved ice dessert)
We are big fans Stall 30’s Penang char kway teow (fried flat rice noodles), Stall 52 for the mee jawa (yellow rice noodles in sweet and spicy gravy) and Stall 48 for the tong fun (glass noodles stir-fried in oyster sauce).
Open daily from 17:00 onwards, SS2 Selera Malam KL also deserves special mention because you get to combine two great value activities into one – shopping and eating! That’s because on Monday nights, the streets surrounding the food hall are filled with stalls selling clothes, shoes, fashion accessories, home ware, souvenirs and knick-knacks at bargain prices.
SS2 Selera Malam
- Opening Hours: Daily 17:00 – 24:00
- Location: SS2 Commercial District, Petaling Jaya