The Taman Connaught Night Market, locally known as Cheras Pasar Malam, takes place in the Cheras neighbourhood every Wednesday evening, when you can find over 700 stalls set along a two-kilometre road. The longest street market in Kuala Lumpur, exploring the entire marketplace can take up to two hours as there are plenty of inexpensive clothing, accessories, books, bags, handicrafts and household items to browse through.
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
What to Buy and Eat at Taman Connaught Night Market
Taman Connaught Night Market is very popular among the local community for its vast array of Malaysian hawker fare, such as curry noodles, char kuey teow, laksa and satay, as well as desserts, ice cream and snacks. There are also numerous food stalls offering Korean, Thai, Taiwanese and Japanese snacks at attractive prices. Try the chilli-drenched stinky tofu – similar to durian, this deep-fried fermented street snack is definitely an acquired taste.
Located along Jalan Cerdas, the Taman Connaught Night Market is accessible from Kuala Lumpur via MRT rail – alight at the station of the same name and the market is less than 2 km away. Parking can be a challenge, so taking public transport is highly recommended.
Held from 17:30 until midnight, the market can get pretty hot and humid here as the stalls are set up very close to each other and attract large crowds during peak hours (between 19:00 and 21:00). Wear light clothes, keep yourself hydrated and be aware of your belongings as pickpocketing is a risk in crowded areas.
Taman Connaught Night Market
- Opening Hours: Wednesday 17:30 – 00:00
- Location: Jalan Cerdas, Taman Connaught, Cheras, Kuala Lumpur