The Annexe Gallery in Kuala Lumpur
Exhibition space for contemporary arts in Central Market0
A great addition to the popular tourist spot Central Market is the Annexe Gallery, a modern art gallery located on the second floor of Annexe Central Market. You can’t miss it if you’re coming from the back entrance of the local handicraft centre, but if you’re coming from the main market building, take note of the Gajah-Gajah Gallery on the ground floor, and climb up the stairs to find it.
Aimed towards the more laid-back and modern contemporary arts scene, Annexe Gallery hosts a series of numerous talks, art exhibitions, book launchings, movie screenings and fashion shows throughout the year. One of the premier events of the space is Arts for Grabs, the arts and crafts bazaar held several times a year to promote affordable art pieces. The gallery spans over three interconnected spaces that can be partitioned for smaller events, and may accommodate several exhibitions at a time.Read More
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
- Best City Highlights Half-Day Tour
- City Tour After Dark with Dinner
- Private Traditional Cooking Lesson
- Private Half-Day City Heritage Tour with Lunch
- Heritage Buildings & Icon of City Tour
- Private Night Heritage Trails
- Guided Perdana Botanical Gardens Tour
- Evening Street Food Walking Shared Tour
- Private City Street Eats Evening Tour of Chinatown
Admission to the gallery is free, and The Annexe Gallery is usually frequented by the young and savvy of Kuala Lumpur. It also has its fair share of tourists dropping by too, thanks to its great location and unintimidating atmosphere. A combination of white walls, timber flooring, low ceilings and warm lighting creates just the right vibe for an afternoon gazing at the artwork and photographs.
Central Market is the premier handicraft and art centre in Kuala Lumpur. Formerly a wet market, the building has been renovated and revamped as an arts and cultural centre, and sees itself as the focal point for top-notch handicrafts in the city. To get to Central Market, disembark at Pasar Seni LRT, and it should be within five minutes’ walk from the train station.
The Annexe Gallery
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 20:00
- Address: 1st and 2nd Floor, Central Market Annexe, Jalan Hang Kasturi, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +6 016 489 2603